Cat-back. Can't decide ??

Jeebs

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I've been reading i think every post on here about exhaust and i am pretty sure now that it is personal preference.
I am looking at Borla, Magnaflow and maybe Random Tech. I was thinking B&B but Jon B said he doesn't really stock them any more because the RT is so much like it and a bit cheaper. I'm not replacing the cats at all do to emission so its just gonna be a cat-back. Any feed back on any of these would be great, or something that i haven't thought of. And no Corsa, sorry to the guys with it. A buddy has it on his 05 and I'm just not a fan.
Looking to place an order for my GTS beginning of next week. Hopefully.
:dunno:

Last edited:

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You should just get what you want, is your car a side exit exhaust or rear? I think the Random Tech and B&B sound better than your other options. You will be fine with any of your choices as long as you keep the factory cats. Lose the cats and say hello to drone.

Goatman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I did cat back on my 94 RT. Just had some Cherry Bombs welded in and the originals taken out. Sounds awesome IMHO. Not too loud at idle and a monster at WOT. I have had nothing but complements on it. I bought mine off amazon for like 30 bucks each and just had a local shop weld them in. In total is was about 200 bucks. Also you can reuse the stock turn outs as they are just tack welded in.

Cherry Bomb part # 87522

http://s572.photobucket.com/albums/ss163/vankannon/Whitesnake/?action=view&current=IMG_0461.mp4

Last edited:

72hemi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the Borla 2 muffler system (they also offer a 4 muffler system) and it sounds amazing! I wouldn't run any other exhaust system on a gen 2.

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm planning to do B&B catback, obviouly personal opinion. I did learn that not all catbacks are stainless, if that matters to you.

moparracing

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i installed a RT catback on mine, good low tone but way too loud..... It also doesn't fit in the side sill very well being 6" rounds & heated them up too much - the drone was deafening... removed it and built my own catless magnaflow exhaust - 4 of the 4" rounds in the sills & 2 of the 5" rounds out back..... great low tone sound with MUCH less drone:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFQSAIHxdyk