CD Player

COOLASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I asked this of Dodge and they couldn't tell me if the Alpin CD player in a 2000 RT/10 will play CD/R's. Does anyone have any info on this?

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have burned numerous CD-R's (Sony) and played them with no problem...and this WOULD help you IF the Alpine in my '01 is the same as in your '00.
dunno.gif
I think it is.

genXgts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A good CDR will play no problem in my 97 Alpine stock unit. My understanding is that the unit did not change up to 02s.

Avoid cruddy CDRs such as PD (pacific digital), they are garbage.
Yet to find a CDRW that will play, many newer players will pick it up. Guess our head unit technology is at least 6 or 7 years old!

enjoy,

OP
OP
C

COOLASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's really called a CD-RW. It's a cd that you can record to via a computer in a digitle format. You have thousands of artists that you can make your own CD's, party on.
cool.gif
bounce.gif

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Andrew:
Actually, Cool is 50% right. These are recordable CD's for both music and data. There are 2 types of CDs. One can be recorded only once (CD-R) and one that can be recorded over and over (CD-RW). The latter (RW) is not very compatible (at least when used to store music); in fact I believe it may only be played on a very limited number of players other than the one which it was recorded (or re-recorded) on. CD-R's are very compatible (although you seem to have problems every now and then with some (quality?). Actually, these are PERFECT for Vipers, i.e., a car that come stock without a multiple CD player. You simply record your favorites (a typical 700 MB CD-R will hold 80 Minutes) and you don't need to change discs for 120 miles (you do the math
wink.gif
)Anyway, I think the previous is correct. Hope it helps!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrengine