CD-R for stock 01 Viper

BobK898

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What music CD-R are you having luck with in the stock player in the Viper? I'm using Imation 80 min ones and having problems when I try to skip ahead to songs. Thanks.

brap

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have the same problem with Sony CD-R 700MB. It can take a long time for it to reconize the next or previous track if you try to skip ahead.

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I check the audio system once each year to determine if it functions.If it doesn't well so what?The only music I'm interested in comes from the engine and exhaust.The clock is a handy feature at times. GTS Bruce

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I check the audio system once each year to determine if it functions.If it doesn't well so what?The only music I'm interested in comes from the engine and exhaust.The clock is a handy feature at times.Too busy enjoying the drive to notice the artificial sound system. GTS Bruce

got one

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well...this is due to the laser not being powerful enough in the cd-player. The newer models are much more powerful and have memory built in to help with skips (can go into details about disk layers and metalic fibres if desired)...in short, get a new deck. I would try and find one with deck controlled pre-amp sub outputs if you could.

OP
OP
B

BobK898

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I didn't think it was the CD-R's I was using, it is hard to believe that they didn't put a unit in the car that can't read CD-R.

Steamroller

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have you tried a 650 MB (74 min) CD-R? The 700 MB (80 min) ones have a tighter track pitch, so your head unit may have difficulty skipping tracks to locate the track representing the beginning of another song.

got one

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, older CD-R used differnt chemicals than the newer cheaper Cd-r's. The stamped CD's are always easy. As well..heat is more of a factor on the new CDr's...