Changing Spark Plug Wires

adesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do I have to take the intake off to change the plug wires or is there a way around this. :confused:What a dumb set up in my opinion, putting the coils where they are.

Thanks

Ratical2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do I have to take the intake off to change the plug wires or is there a way around this. :confused:What a dumb set up in my opinion, putting the coils where they are.

Thanks

Be glad that you don't drive a Boxster or Ferrari etc. where you have to drop the motor to do any service work!

To the Wizard, thanks for the laugh!

hdscreens

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I recently changed spark plugs and wires on an 05' without taking out the intake. I used long nosed pliers to wiggle wires back in and out of place.

OP
OP
A

adesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Chuck,

Guess I was being a bit too critical, nothing comes close to a Viper, in any way. Intake off then:smirk:

OP
OP
A

adesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I recently changed spark plugs and wires on an 05' without taking out the intake. I used long nosed pliers to wiggle wires back in and out of place.

On second thoughts it may be possible, perhaps I will design a tool for the job.:D

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
I think you'll find that a dedicated hobbyist who is determined to do this without removing the intake could get it done...especially if time does not matter and one is willing to live with a blemish or two caused by the process...NONE of which are viable lines of reasoning in a responsible commercial shop.

Canyon707

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pulling the manifold is not that hard. It just looks complicated but one step at a time is pretty easy. yOU MAY WANT TO PUT ON NEW GASKETS ALTHOUGH SOME SAY IT'S NOT NEEDED. I just didn't want to repeat the process. What wires are you using?

10 BANGER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I took mine off 3 months after I buoght my car to swap the wires and had it polished at the same time. Had never even seen a intake on a Gen III before. It's not difficult at all to r/r just take your time and be patient.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Axial32