City got his Custom 08

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is awesome, and congrats! Can't wait to hear your driving impressions vs. the Gen II. Sure is one gorgeous Viper. :2tu:

Dimitrios

Enthusiast
Reaction score
looks great! now drop it a bit...i'll tell you what though..im diggin that front spillter..i want one! who sells em?

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's the stock splitter included in the aero package option, same as on the ACR.
Car is beautiful Scott, well worth the wait. I love the whole package, color of the stripes, wheels and aero. I bet it is 1 of 1.

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for all the congrats! I do like the final look. It's hard to try to put it all together from a website. Looks good, though I'm still working on the Gen 1/2 v. Gen 3/4 comparison. Had close to 50,000 miles of Gen 2 and now 58 miles of Gen 4 (has it been determined yet if it's a 3 or 4), so I have to wait a bit to be fair.

Very different look from the driver's seat. The look up front is narrower on the new car. Look out back is like looking over a mountain compared with the old car. Can't say much about the ride yet although the shift linkage is much snappier. Did manage to stall it at a light since I could pretty much pop the clutch at idle in the old car....but not in the new car. Have to get used to that. Can't speak to the drive by wire issue yet since I'm limited to 2,500 rpm for the first 200 miles. The exhaust sound is far more noticeable at highway speed with side pipes. Kinda nice, but "foreign" to me. So much to newness to get used to.

Anyway, it's pretty cool to have my new Viper and I'm thrilled to be done with the delays and dissolution. I have to get my hands on some fuzzy dice for the rear view mirror.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh, please NO fuzzy dice, lol~~!! Yeah, agreed with the front view...looks much better than our '05.
We are going to REALLY be interested in your experiences with the drive-by-wire once you do your break-in. REALLY interested. Your rear-spoiler had me perplexed at first whether I liked it or not, but the more I see it, the more it really fits. LOVE the GREEN stripe...just makes the car *pop* (heeheeeeeeeeee)....sorry, had to add to the hoopla. WE ARE VERY GLAD for you~~~~!!! ~juli

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyway, it's pretty cool to have my new Viper and I'm thrilled to be done with the delays and dissolution. I have to get my hands on some fuzzy dice for the rear view mirror.

When you find a top quality set with sewed-on dots instead of glued ones please let me know! I've been trying to locate a pair here for ages but can not seem to land lucky :dunno:

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So now that I'm "experienced" with the '08, having put 178 miles on the car ;), I'll mention a few immediately noticeable things (relative to my former Gen 2):
  • UNBELIEVABLY better brakes. This is even after installing Dave's front brake upgrade on my Gen 2. UNBELIEVABLE! Nice feel with the SS lines too.
  • Accelerator pedal is much firmer to depress. Not sure whether this is necessarily better or worse. It requires you to be more forceful with your right foot which, I fear, may require even more attention to your technique. It also should be easier to rest your right foot on the pedal on long drives.
  • Rear vision is horrible using only the RVM (with wing). Just learned (after some Tator teasing) that the RVM has 2 adjustment knuckles so I'm now able to "raise" the mirror a good 2" which I hope will help. Side mirrors are also a bit smaller than the Gen 2, but still work fine.
  • There's a glove box in front of the passenger! ;)
  • There's a soft top hidden behind the seats! ;)
  • Driver's seat is a bit lower than the Gen 2 (from the factory), but still needs to be further lowered. I hope someone can work out a means to use the 1" kit without any potential problems.
If anyone's interested, I'll post more after I get some time above 2,500 RPM! LOL

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tombala