Clear-Bra

pumpgas

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Anyone have this installed on their SRT? Picking up a black one soon and my last one seemed to get rock chips in the paint almost everytime I drove it and especially if I did a few higher speed runs? Just wondering if it was worth it and how invisible it was.

wormdoggy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well worth it, best Mod I ever did to the car........well worth the money. As for invisibility, you will always see the lines but you really need to pay attention to it.

Patrick

OP
OP
P

pumpgas

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks. Car should arrive next week hopefully and one of the first things I wanted to do was this. The front end of my last black SRT did not fare well at all.

So the material does not diminish the glassy look of the paint at all? No damage to the paint if you want to remove it a couple years down the road to re-apply?

Midgetfist

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend an installer in the SW Florida region? I'm in Cape Coral, but will travel for reputable service.

~Midgetfist

DavidSB

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Go to their web site at www.xpel.com and put in your zip code to find a local installer. Probably best to pick a factory trained one who has the machine to cut the material on site. Even the best will screw up a piece once in a while and you don't want to wait for the factory to ship a replacement. I put it on all of our cars and it works as promised.

FloridaChris

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend an installer in the SW Florida region? I'm in Cape Coral, but will travel for reputable service.

~Midgetfist

You are right next door to the training center for Ultrashield. They use 3M products. Probably worth the drive over to check them out.

UltraShield, LLC
12541-1 Metro Parkway
Fort Myers, FL 33912
( Applicator, Mobile Service, Pre-cut Kits, Bulk Rolls, Software, 3M CERTIFIED TRAINING CENTER, 3M CERTIFIED INSTALLERS )
239/768-0118 (Office)
866/768-0223 (Toll Free)
239/768-0772 (Fax)
www.ultrashieldusa.com

shortybighead

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had a black 03' and that was the first thing I did, never regreted it. I need to make an appointment to get the copperhead done soon, just been busy!

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
I was one of those that didn't do it immediately. I'm now looking to repaint the front of the car after only a year and a half and have the clear bra done shortly thereafter.

I did it to the front of my GTS and it really makes a difference with the rock chips, bug jerky, etc.. More so on the black car.

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Also did mine within the first few hundred miles. with 13.5K on my car, the bra is JUST starting to show some wear from where bigger stones have wacked it and scratched the bra...however, those stones would have SURELY damaged the paint without the bra there. I figure the bra's are good for 3 years minimum without showing wear if you drive your car a good bit like I do. I will probably have it peeled off and replaced next fall, right before the car goes away. (commonly driving with other vipers in close proximity at very high speeds like I do kills the paint)

But yes, AWESOME investment. However, the next go around, I think I am going to purchase a regular bra to accompany the clear bra for long trips, or trips where rain is expected...The clear bra would be good for 5-10 years if a regular bra was used in those situations. It is amazing how much crap gets thrown at the car when its wet out.

OP
OP
P

pumpgas

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks for the input. Made the appointment to have it installed.

Tom

Midgetfist

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have you guys done just the bumper, or the hood/fenders also. I'd hate to cover any part of that beautifuf hood... is it prone to damage also? I've only had bumper problems on my other cars.

~Doug

DavidSB

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did the whole kit: bumper, hood, fenders, side mirrors and had the installer add some pieces behind all four wheels to reduce stone chips on the bottom of the fenders. Mine is silver and don't really notice it too much other than the fine line across the hood. Better to look at a little clear bra than stone chips.

Don

Enthusiast
Reaction score
24" up the hood and all the front facia. It turns up the fenders. Did the whole side up to the bottom of the door (Not sure how well this will hold up with the heat though) and behind the rear reals.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang