Common problems

Cobra Comander

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys,
I'm new here and don't own a Viper yet but will be in the market for one in the next year maybe two (just had a baby and bought a new house), interested in an 06-08, so I'm trying to get as much intelligence as possible in the meantime. And as heads up, I'll probably ask allot of dumb questions along the way since I don't know a whole lot about the car. I'm a Viper noob that has always loved the car ever since I was a kid, and am finally at an age that I can finally afford one.

Are there any common/known problems with the 06-07 Viper that I should be aware of? Engine, trans, drivetrain, interior, body etc. etc.

Anyway, great forum and hope to get to know more of you guys.

BTW I'm from Toronto, Ontario Canada, anyone else from around here or the GTA??

Jason.

Finally got it !

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Obvious GI Joe fan! I say you are 34 yrs old.
EDit. Saw your profile. 30. These cars are awesome. Can not go wrong. Although the 07's had some issues...

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome a bit early, Jason!! NO question is dumb, and I'm pretty sure no one on these forums will treat any questions that way...how else do we learn??? GOTTA ask!!! As far as your questions about the 06 or 08 (there is no '07)....haven't heard anyone complain so far....the differences are huge tho between the 2...if WE had a choice--the '08 it would be...and a Coupe....NO crossover exhaust, better tires, better all around....just my .02~
juli

Finally got it !

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Welcome a bit early, Jason!! NO question is dumb, and I'm pretty sure no one on these forums will treat any questions that way...how else do we learn??? GOTTA ask!!! As far as your questions about the 06 or 08 (there is no '07)....haven't heard anyone complain so far....the differences are huge tho between the 2...if WE had a choice--the '08 it would be...and a Coupe....NO crossover exhaust, better tires, better all around....just my .02~
juli

Hey you I was going to have some fun here... You ruined it for me. NO SOUP FOR YOU!!

OP
OP
C

Cobra Comander

Enthusiast
Reaction score
juli

LOL!! Ok, no 2007, didn't know that. Well seeing as the 2008 is still too new, what can you guys tell me about the 2006?

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That you'd get a great deal on any leftover ones once the '08's come out!!!! A tad bit more hp/tq, still has crossovers that need to be removed (tho they ARE a work of ART!!!)...adds too much heat in the cockpit (need new exhaust/high-flow cats to stay cooler)...if it's a choice between 06 and 08, my own bet would be go for the '08...though you will spend more...it's a much better Viper all around. (runflats on the '06--tho good, are not great for stepping on it!!!)....again, just my .02....juli

RayC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
boils down to cost. 08 will have greater power and some drivetrain improvements, it won't be available most likely until late fall and will cost most likely over 92k U.S.. An 06 coupe can be had now, good low mile examples in the low 70's and sometimes better.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cerevo