Condensation

FireRescue

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Was out driving around last night since the weather around here is finally getting better. This morning I decided to vacuum out the car, I noticed that under the floor mat on the passenger side was all wet. I pulled up the carpet and its damp all the way through. Now I know I didn't drive through any puddles and the floor of the garage is completely dry. Any ideas??? :confused:

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the water could have been accumulating under your mat for some time and you just discovered it then

was it clean water?

did you wash the car recently?

i had water coming in the hood speaker when washing (lot of rinse water at 1 time)

think back several days to the last water event

OP
OP
F

FireRescue

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It's clean water, I just got the car 2 weeks ago and it hasn't been washed yet or out in the rain.

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's clean water, I just got the car 2 weeks ago and it hasn't been washed yet or out in the rain.

was looking for a recent thread (fail) about different types of moisture and their related problems

your is clean so has to come from ac or exterior water (washing, rain)

2 weeks ago could be from where you bought the car doing a pre-delivery wash,

how fresh does it smell?

as before, could have been there quite some time, even w/o turning sour

take the mat out and drive the car, the heat will dry it out fast, then before using the ac, wash the car and wait and see if it gets wet again,

if not, run the ac and check again

also look here:

http://forums.viperclub.org/rt-10-gts-discussions/621181-water-floorboard-passenger-side.html

http://forums.viperclub.org/rt-10-gts-discussions/589025-i-have-water-my-passenger-floorboard.html

let us know what you find

jdeft1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gen 1s leak. Does it smell a bit musty?.... There are only a few reasons for water inside the car. I think all have been mentioned.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Axial32