Considering a Viper with the Roe HID kit installed - is it legal?

Detlef

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I came across a VIper I like and it has the Sean Roe HID kit installed. Are these legal? If not, what's the worst that can happen?

Roadkill

Viper Owner
Reaction score
That i don't know.. but i do know of people who have been busted for running HID's.

GaryA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the Roe HID system on my car and have never had a problem with the cops. If it really bothers you, you can reverse it to stock and sell the HID system. There are a lot of people that want it. I wouldn't let it stop you from buying the car if it's the one you want.

HOdbleFman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't be a little girl and buy the car. HID's are sweet. There is no way a cop is going to know it isn't stock. F355, I'd say going to the ****** everyday poses more risk than blinding someone with HID's.

Vanquish

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have had the HID on my 1996 Blue/white GTS for about a year and gotten more compliments than I can count. They accent the blue paint fantasticaly and I have never had any problems with the Police. As a added bonus I sure see better.

Regards,
BR

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unless factory equipped, HIDs are illegal. At least in PA, won't pass state inspection either.

A number of years ago, the big deal were those blue tinted headlights. My local auto parts shop sold tons of them, so I put a set in my Bronco. I got pulled over by some Cop that had nothing else to do on Memorial Day weekend. I got a warning. Something about the color of lights facing forward on the car.

If you like the car, get it and swap out to factory lamps if you;re concerned.

SJT97GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, I put my HID's on last month and I'm serving 6 years up state for having them (that and going 2mph over the speed limit). Luckly, they allow me to use the internet only for the VCA boards! It's very dangerous, so be careful and don't break the law because the pigs really have a clue about HID lights. :rolleyes:

Matt-now that's unlucky!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Qdog