convertible versus coupe cost

pathoguy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a gentleman interested in my 06 coupe and if I sell, I would soon be in the market for a GenIV

How much more are coupes going for than convertibles (same year, same mileage etc)?

Thanks

JoelW

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For the difference in price, get a removable hardtop and get the best of both worlds and pocket the savings. Of course you may just like the styling of one over the other. I have an Autoform top. Looks good, comes off and on fairly easy, and gives you a look that coupes don't have. Did I mention it is much cooler than the OEM convertible top? Just a thought.

I have a gentleman interested in my 06 coupe and if I sell, I would soon be in the market for a GenIV

How much more are coupes going for than convertibles (same year, same mileage etc)?

Thanks

ohlarikd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think if there is a difference, it is very hard to tell due to so many other factors governing a price. I haven't noticed any real difference in price between a regular coupe and a regular convertible.

gb66gth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Funny for other cars , the premium is for the Convertible by up to 7 k ;)

In the rest of the known car universe this is true, but Viper does it's own thing (good and bad) on so many fronts.
Waddareyagonnado?

Real_Venom

Viper Owner
Reaction score
For the difference in price, get a removable hardtop and get the best of both worlds and pocket the savings. Of course you may just like the styling of one over the other. I have an Autoform top. Looks good, comes off and on fairly easy, and gives you a look that coupes don't have. Did I mention it is much cooler than the OEM convertible top? Just a thought.

I agree with this statement... unless you plan on doing some racing with it. Then go coupe.

OP
OP
P

pathoguy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you all for responding. I would only buy a coupe, but wanted some idea of value for both my Gen3 and my next viper adventure (which started with a Gen2).