Copperhead edition group pricing

fastfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just found out today that the copperhead edition will be $5990 instead of the $2500 as first stated. Must be because of the different wheels on the car. DC shouldn't announce pricing on a car and then raise it up after they start to build them. I am mad because I've had one on order for a month and was told that the copperhead edition was only $2500 more just like the mamba's.

OP
OP
F

fastfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As far as I know what is included is the copperhead color, copperhead stiching around the seats, shift knob, emergency brake handle, steering wheel, and copperhead stitching for the floor mats. There are also supposed to be lightweight aluminum wheels included in the package. I think the wheels are going to be like the ones on the coupe, hopefully. If the package includes the different wheels, I have no problem with the higher price. The issue that I had was the initial price of the car when I ordered it. The package was supposed to be $2500 more and then they jacked it up to $5990 with not even telling anybody. Some people that ordered one might be getting a surprise when their car comes in.

jkou812

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hi Fellows!

I too am upset about pricing, but not for the same reasons.
My dealer did indeed tell me that the "Copperhead" pricing group was $6000.00 more however, he wants FULL sticker and will give me $48,000.00 for my 2000 "Perfect" GTS which has 6030 miles... It has seen NO rain and I clean her with a "Q-Tip"!!! Also include all MGW chrome parts as well as a FULL set of new tires!
Hence a $44,000.00 difference.... What do my VCA friends think?
Let me know, as I have to sign paperwork within the next couple of days.

Thanks,

James Knight.

Lawrenzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
$48k wholesale sounds pretty good for a 2000 GTS- I spoke to a local dealer about trading in my 2002 with barely 10K miles and they only offered me $45k. You should be able to get a good sized discount on the new one though. Call Bill Pemberton and see what he can do.

jkou812

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey SSunburn,

He offered me $50,000.00 a month ago when he was trying to sell a dog 03 viper that his dealer brother had basically trashed (03 SRT-10 Black) lots of scratches, wheel rash, but low mileage... about 2300 as I recall. Still wanted $25,000.00 difference!
Do you think sticker is still OK for Copperhead edition?
JK

George Murray

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's never a good deal when you pay full sticker price.

Regarding trade-in, you'll always do better selling your car yourself. It takes patience, but you'll get more money.

OP
OP
F

fastfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just got word today that the copperhead group does include different wheels. Since DC is not giving us more horsepower, I guess they thought that a lighter wheel should help out the performance numbers. Also, Conner Avenue is not just building copperheads right now. They might build 5 in a row, then 5 black ones, then 4 red ones, then back to copperheads. It all depends on the orders that are coming in.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hang loose all you Copperhead faithful and wait until the car gets here to check on the price. Not 100% positive, but there may be some misinformation going around. :headbang:

OP
OP
F

fastfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just got a call from my dealership today and all the orders that were put in prior to April 27th will be price protected. But, instead of $2500 originally stated for the copperhead edition, it is $2995. We are on the right track anyway. So, my MSRP is $88340 which includes the $2995 for the copperhead group. Maybe as Bill said, be patient and just maybe the copperhead group will be $2500 as originally stated. From today on, the package will be $5990.

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
$48k wholesale sounds pretty good for a 2000 GTS- I spoke to a local dealer about trading in my 2002 with barely 10K miles and they only offered me $45k. You should be able to get a good sized discount on the new one though. Call Bill Pemberton and see what he can do.
\
SSunburn.....Puuuuleeeze, while mentioning in the same paragraph the greatest dealer in the country could you possibly try and refrain from destroying my resale value by referring to some unknown local yokel you got a trade in value from? Why not quote wholesale numbers from Pemberton? If your dealer offered you 45k for your 02 what the heck makes you think that is the gold standard for value? What were you trying to buy on the TRADE? What was the PRICE of the new car? What WAS the new car and what was the level of demand for same? Trade in values have NO validity in the real world. THE TRUE VALUE OF A CAR IS ESTABLISHED BY WHAT IT CAN BE SOLD FOR ON THE OPEN MARKET, WITHOUT A TRADE. :mad:

Lawrenzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
THE TRUE VALUE OF A CAR IS ESTABLISHED BY WHAT IT CAN BE SOLD FOR ON THE OPEN MARKET, WITHOUT A TRADE. :mad:

Then why are your ******* so bunched up Lee? You think my one post holds so much weight that I have single handedly killed the market for the redheaded stepchild also known as the year 2000 Viper. :rolleyes:

And $48k on a trade sounds about right, with retail cars selling in the mid fifties. Unless you don't think the dealers deserve to earn a living while they're at it.

luc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What ever extra $ DC ask for the Copperhead has about nothing to do with the cost and everything to do with the "perceived value" of a "limited" model.

Think about it,all thew interior changes consist of a different color thread for the stiching, extra cost? about zero

special exterior paint color: Are you sure that this color cost more to manufacture than black,red,etc

As for the wheels,even if they cost more,you're only talking about the diference between the "regular" wheels and those one.
May be $100 to $200 top per wheel.

Luc
00GTS

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VenomXX