Corsa Exhaust

varanus

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just put on a Corsa 3" and hi flow cats on my GTS. Sounds much more agressive. If you are interested in one Jon B at parts rack has one sitting in San Jose ca at Ted mays shop. I know because he accidently shipped me 2 of them and I left the extra one at Teds. Call Parts rack and you will save the shipping cost if you go to San Jose and get it. better yet, go there and have ted install it that day.
Too bad you're not online now, I'm driving by Martinez within the next hour (2 pm Sunday) with the car

Kevin

Venom Lover

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's not just you. The stock exhaust is very restrained (to be PC about it).

IMO, the Corsa 3" catbacks have too much of that "UPS truck" sound quality at idle, at least inside the car, and they don't sound very aggressive when you get on it. Of course, this is inside the car. Who knows what it sounds like on the outside -- presumably close to what they have on their web site.

I bought the Corsas for my '01 because I didn't want to go deaf driving long distances, and the Corsas certainly have much less resonance and interior noise than the Borlas.

If I had it to do all over again, I probably would've chosen the Borla catbacks for my '01 and just dealt with the noise. Live and learn. Anyone want set of Corsas that have been used for a month???

<FONT COLOR="#ff0000" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">This message has been edited by Venom Lover on 04-16-2002 at 12:53 PM</font>

GTzViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Look at the Belanger exhaust. It's got a very nice throaty sound on the outside and keeps it low on the inside. Unless you remove the cats, then its loud inside but outside...lets just say you'll never need to use your horn again. Everyone will know you're coming. Talk to Jon B.

Venom Lover

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Vipera,

Which headers do you have?

Have you tried Borla headers, catbacks and hi-flow cats? If so, you still think Corsas sound louder/meaner? I find that hard to believe....

SamC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Merry Christmas. As a gift from my wife, I got Belanger headers, Random Tech high flow cats, and a Corsa 3" cat back. All were purchased from JonB at PartsRack. Funny, I don't think my wife has ever talked to Jon. Maybe she forgot to buy me something else? Maybe she needs to buy me another gift from Jon?

None the less, I started the installation Saturday morning and finished today approximately 12 hours later. Just took the car out for a ride. I have a 2000 GTS. The sound is almost identical to sound found on Corsa's web site. It's definitely much louder than the OE system. The sound within the cabin now comes from the back as compared to the side in the stock system. I was driving in the dark tonight when a group of people 2 blocks ahead of me turned to see what was all that racket. I am very pleased with the sound, fitment, and ease of installation. The tips are great and more appropriate to the car. I can't speak for any other combination but this one works great. Hopefully I picked up a few extra horsies too. I figure I need an extra 1000 hp to catch up to John Scott at Viper Days.

Have a wonderful holiday. Mine has been great thus far and sure is sounding better than before.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by varanus:
....If you are interested in one Jon B at parts rack has one sitting in San Jose ca at Ted mays shop. I know because he accidently shipped me 2 of them and I left the extra one at Teds. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Kevin is a good customer, and he simply got our two-for-one Corsa 3" Special ! {NOT}

We swapped the 2.5" inlet order for a 3" strait-thru system, and Corsa shipped BOTH !