Corsa Exhaust

Turbo63

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Had my corsa installed today - it sounds great and the power increase is noticeable - thanks to Bill Pemberton and Mark Jorgenson at Woodhouse Viper!

Tico

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mine was installed this past Wednesday at Macedo Motorsports (Larry Macedo installed it himself). I'm lovin' it. I am currently out of the country and can't wait to get back home to ride my baby (and maybe the wife too). :D

nevrenuf

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had mine installed this week. I chose the Corsa Track with NO crossovers, and with the 3" intake diameter (vs. the stock 2.5). In addition, I installed the 3" in, 3" out, Random Tech High Flow cats...

In short, I'm going to change. I was hoping for a deep, throaty, muscle car sound. What I got was a raspy sound, not low pitched at all. Basically, my Viper sounds like one of those Honda Civics with a coffee can for an exhaust.

I guess I shouldnt be surprised.. If you think about it, I now have 5 cylinders, with about 4 liters, on a single exhaust system. Not alot unlike the ricers...

If I had to do it over again, I would at least install the crossovers, that might help it sound like a 10 cylinder instead of a 5 cylinder.

The car IS loud.. I like it that way. The car sounds better from outside than inside. The car is WAY WAY WAY cooler inside. The sills barely get warm.

I just hate the new sound.. oh well..

I really can't tell that much difference in power. Past experience tells me that more noise is sometimes misinterpreted.. It may sound faster but might not be. I'll spin it on the dyno one of these days and see if there is any significant change.. Not that it matters, I didnt do the exhaust for power, I wanted better sound..

What I really want is a nice muscle car deep rumble, lumpy, at idle, at a 10 cylinder roar at throttle, like the V...ttes and others get so easily.

Just my .02..

Corsa's will be removed asap.

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Mopar race exhaust is deeper and throatier than the Corsa. I got compliments today at the dealer with them saying they liked the Mopar sound better. They had never heard the Mopar before as all installations to date have been Corsa.

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
ZVRCO,

You may want to add the K & N's before you toss the Corsa's. More air in will change the sound. So will some time / miles on the mufflers.

I tossed the Corsa's too and went with the B&B set-up. The B&B's are plenty loud for me under acceleration, very deep (set's off car alarms), relatively quiet at cruise, screams at wot. I've actually had people pull up next to my on PCH and tell me that this is the best sounding car they've ever heard. I don't agree, but what the heck.

Good luck,

Dan

wormdoggy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anyone have a mopar exhaust sound clip. Would be interesting to compare the sound of Kai's with the Mopar exhaust...........

Cheers
Patrick

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte