Corvette ZR1 Turns a 10.55 At 137 MPH

Ray W

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is a full second quicker than the track allows w/o a roll bar. How did they by-pass that ? Was the first run a warning and then the second one the last ?

If someone wants to meet me at the track with some Drag Radials. We can see what a Gen 4 with 3:55's,Belangers and Computer upgrade will do.

Grant

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If it only ran 137 after parking and icing the intake, especially in that sort of DA, I'm not impressed. I'd have hoped a bolt-on ZR1 would have been quicker, actually. A gen 4 with headers and a MOPAR controller would probably be close to 133.

The HP gained from letting the car cool and tossing ice on the intercooler is completely useless to me. I always let my cars idle in the pits to get a more realistic measurement of their ability.

ACRJUD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I dont think the Z06 block is maxed out performance wise, but there were concerns of relaiblity due to adding FI with the thin aluminum walls between the cylinders as you mentioned.

01ACR/VIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
who cares if the Vettes are faster on the drag strip??? There is always a faster car in a straight line.

Viper is still KING OF THE RING! Besides put a s/c on the ACR if you want to compare cars. The Viper is all motor and Dodge doesn't need a s/c to beat the Vette!

AMEN BROTHER:headbang::headbang::headbang:

V10TT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Was it red?
if it was, i know it.
Car has head/cam, headers/exhasut, and 705 rwhp.
Car makes 18 lbs.

Tabs1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey guys, first post here. i just got my '08 blue delivered by Woodhouse last night, will post with pics after this weekend.

I come from owning corvettes, the Z06 is the 427. Too thin walled for forced induction according to GM with factory longevity. Great engine. Fast to rev.

The LS-9 in the Zr1 is a modified Ls3 so to speak. Pretty cool features like oil squirting to cool the pistons and 9 qt dry sump.

Where i found the vette too soft and refined, i modified the heck out of it, the Viper is raw from the showroom. I will be better to expain more after more miles.( with a big grin)

Corvette forum is a good place for vette info,just troll over. Many more daily posts than here.

Blazeone

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey guys, first post here. i just got my '08 blue delivered by Woodhouse last night, will post with pics after this weekend.
QUOTE]

Congrats on your Viper :2tu: I also sold my '08 Z06 for a '08 bright blue Viper. I love it, raw and exclusive. Here's pic of mine.

You must be registered for see images

Tabs1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey Blazeone, looks like mine except for the wheels. Some difference from the vette to Viper huh, this is what I was trying to get the vette to feel like.:drive:

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
These comparo threads are awful on this site. What is really sad is that it seems like message boards that represent more expensive performance cars seem to showcase the worst levels of performance experience or knowledge. Either that, or the members that DO know things simply do not participate. I swear that a site full of 16-year-old Camaro owners could work circles around most of the guys here in terms of technical or performance knowledge. Sad.

137 mph trap speed is all you need to see. NOT stock. Now put away the magazines and ignorant comparisons. Get off of your computer and go to the nearest track and post your OWN results.

OP
OP
S

Speedfreak

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Was it red?
if it was, i know it.
Car has head/cam, headers/exhasut, and 705 rwhp.
Car makes 18 lbs.

Yes it WAS red. And like I said it had a very lopey idle and loud exhaust. I had plenty of Z06's to compare it to as far as exhaust tone, idle quality etc. That is why I said I was nearly sure it was modified. If this is the car you are talking about then frankly a Gen IV would spank a stock ZR1 with DRs on the viper.

OP
OP
S

Speedfreak

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Yes, I am almost positive this is the car. I remember those wheels on it (front). At the track it had different wheels on the back with the DRs but I'll bet this is it. Given that, I am not impressed as this is a heavily modded car and with stock 08 vipers trapping 130 with 200+ extra pounds, this changes the analysis tremendously. With what I saw I think a Gen iV with DRs will put a stock ZR1 away. This car is obviously far from stock as I thought.

OP
OP
S

Speedfreak

Viper Owner
Reaction score
These comparo threads are awful on this site. What is really sad is that it seems like message boards that represent more expensive performance cars seem to showcase the worst levels of performance experience or knowledge. Either that, or the members that DO know things simply do not participate. I swear that a site full of 16-year-old Camaro owners could work circles around most of the guys here in terms of technical or performance knowledge. Sad.

137 mph trap speed is all you need to see. NOT stock. Now put away the magazines and ignorant comparisons. Get off of your computer and go to the nearest track and post your OWN results.

Yeah, Nine, but ALL the guys standing around the car SWORE it was stock! When I watched the first pass I was listening to two guys watching the pass that were with the "group" that hung around it. I am listening to the idle in this thing, etc. and thinking NO Fn way. Then after the pass they were tooting there horns about it. That it was all stock but for the DRs. I took them on at that point and said B.S. that is the lopiest idling stocker I have ever heard. The point is this is exactly my beef with the Z06 crowd and there purported times. They ALL say there stock but they aren't, but it all gets added to the Z06 lore and no one questions it.

V10TT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeap. I confirmed it. That was the car.

They claimed it could not hook up , and was all over the place.. Can you uconfirm if indeed it did not get any traction?

Sounds like BS to me, since it run a 10.55 on 19" hossiers.. seems to me that it hooked up very good; probably not a super low 60', but I would say it hooked once they put it to the floor.

Yes, I am almost positive this is the car. I remember those wheels on it (front). At the track it had different wheels on the back with the DRs but I'll bet this is it. Given that, I am not impressed as this is a heavily modded car and with stock 08 vipers trapping 130 with 200+ extra pounds, this changes the analysis tremendously. With what I saw I think a Gen iV with DRs will put a stock ZR1 away. This car is obviously far from stock as I thought.

Kala

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I come from owning corvettes, the Z06 is the 427.

Welcome Tabs1! Enjoy your new ride. :drive:

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, Nine, but ALL the guys standing around the car SWORE it was stock! When I watched the first pass I was listening to two guys watching the pass that were with the "group" that hung around it. I am listening to the idle in this thing, etc. and thinking NO Fn way. Then after the pass they were tooting there horns about it. That it was all stock but for the DRs. I took them on at that point and said B.S. that is the lopiest idling stocker I have ever heard. The point is this is exactly my beef with the Z06 crowd and there purported times. They ALL say there stock but they aren't, but it all gets added to the Z06 lore and no one questions it.
The above is calleed HERESAY and is the exact reason its not admitted into court.

OP
OP
S

Speedfreak

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yeap. I confirmed it. That was the car.

They claimed it could not hook up , and was all over the place.. Can you uconfirm if indeed it did not get any traction?

Sounds like BS to me, since it run a 10.55 on 19" hossiers.. seems to me that it hooked up very good; probably not a super low 60', but I would say it hooked once they put it to the floor.

It looked like it hooked great to me. I was also suspicious that the rear end ratio was changed as firt gear was very short. It came out hard though and got good traction. It did get a little squirly mid track but nothing major. I also forgot to mention in my original post that in this 10.55 run, the poor bastard got beat by the ugliest import with FWD imaginable that turned a 10.05 and looked like it cost all of a thousand dollars to build. LOL.

shooter_t1

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
That run is also on youtube, and the credits say " built by Nelson-Chancleta". You can really hear the cam "lope". Sounds good though.

Painkiller

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is all old news. zr1 kicks @$$ in a straight line... and got it's @$$ handed to it at the Ring. Still better than any euro trash out there.

Uhh-7:26 is hardly getting its ass handed to it. Like that's a slow lap:rolleyes: Anyways, I bet the ZR1 will be back and better its time. It clearly can make up 4 seconds and unless the ACR runs at the same time, the comparos will always be subject to debate.