Custom Fuel Injector/Rail Setup

ZexZo6

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have tried searching but can't find anything too solid. I have a 99 GTS that I am installing a custom direct port nitrous setup on. I am using an aftermarket intake manifold that I do not want to drill into. To avoid the drilling I am using the Cold Fusion direct port kit that has the nozzles that the fuel injectors sit into. I am wanting to run the GM Bosch Style Injectors and Custom Rails with this manifold. I am going to place an order for the SCT Pro Racer tuning software, and am aware I will have to reconfigure the fuel injector specs. ***Which LB/HR GM Injectors would be sufficient for a car that will be spraying a progressive 300 shot, and later durring this coming winter will have a 14PSI paxton setup. (the nitrous shot will be cut down bigtime once the blower is installed)***

I read that the Stock Gen 2 Viper has no fuel return line on the system. The fuel going through the manifold was a shock to me when I tried pulling the first injector. I just figured the fuel lines ran under the manifold or something. I am still very new to this car so please forgive me for being unfamiliar with it's systems and components. ***Should I add a return fuel line to the car and completely redo the fuel system or will the GM Injectors be fine with the constant pressure system?***

Also, ***Will I need a bigger fuel pump for the 300 shot of nitrous? Should I possibly just get the 3-pump hanger/pumps and be done with it?***

Sorry for the legnth of this and all the questions. I have posted this on a few other forums as well with no luck, but will appreciate any help/advice you guys can give.

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I think you might have clearance issues with Fuel rails and that cold fusion set up. The rails will sit too high and hit the hood or if they don't it will be a very tight fit where your engine may push up on them during heavy fast acceleration.

Just a thought.

white out

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, if you're set on a 300 shot, you should have a generalization on the required fuel system. If you don't, you need to do more research before moving forward. It's a dangerous situation if you don't have everything well planned prior.

Considering that turbo cars need 550cc-750cc injectors, I would go with 750cc on 93. For the pump, a Bosch044 race pump in-tank should be able to easily handle what you need.

Figuring out the cc required for what you want to run with and w/o the n2o is essential.

PM me if you need any help.

OP
OP
Z

ZexZo6

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I think you might have clearance issues with Fuel rails and that cold fusion set up. The rails will sit too high and hit the hood or if they don't it will be a very tight fit where your engine may push up on them during heavy fast acceleration.

Just a thought.

I found these injectors, which is the ones that I will more than likely go with. (the shorter ones)

FAST™ - Fuel Injectors

I have tried to retro fit full size ford injectors on it which a very long and the rails do not go past the top of the manifold with the cold fusion system in place. These shorter injectors will fit it correctly to where the rails will mount perfectly on the the manifold rail mounts. I thought of the same problem when I was first trying to figure out the size comparison to the manifold with the cold fusion nozzles, they do add a little extra size.

Now the problem is finding a wiring harness from a GM LS3/LS7 that I will have to take the stock viper setup and modify all the plug and play adaptors and switch them all out. Just to guess the stock fuel injector plugs won't work on the gm injectors.

OP
OP
Z

ZexZo6

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well, if you're set on a 300 shot, you should have a generalization on the required fuel system. If you don't, you need to do more research before moving forward. It's a dangerous situation if you don't have everything well planned prior.

Considering that turbo cars need 550cc-750cc injectors, I would go with 750cc on 93. For the pump, a Bosch044 race pump in-tank should be able to easily handle what you need.

Figuring out the cc required for what you want to run with and w/o the n2o is essential.

Thanks again, PM Sent...

JohnnyLightning

Enthusiast
Reaction score

So replacting the stock pump Walbro with the Bosch044 in tank is good enough for a 750rwhp car with 750cc injectors :dunno: paxton car that is

white out

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not exactly sure as I've never seen the set up. But a Bosch044 in tank will flow equally to dual Walbro255s. It's similar to the Aeromotive 1000, but can be in-line or in-tank. However, it is a loud pump.

Nick