Custom viper gts lettering

vipertom7

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I just recently installed matte black stripes on my red viper gts coupe, and I have been searching everywhere for custom lettering in matte black for the sides and the back in replacement of the stock lettering. I would prefer it to be the raised lettering like it is stock. Any help would be much appreciated. I have checked previous posts in the forum without much luck.

DrTaco

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Viper Parts of America for stockers (I know they come in black for the rear and RT/10 sides, not sure if they are matte though)

http://www.randjdistributing.com/ for anything else special/custom.

Seen PLENTY of black emblems on yellow Vipers too, I'm sure those owners will be chiming in too.

Jance GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just get a small roll of vinyl to match and wrap your stock letters. It will be very time consuming but it will work just take your time and use an x acto knife and a heat gun to cut and work it into tight spots.

I've done it before on other emblems. Works good if you have the patience for it.

OP
OP
V

vipertom7

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just get a small roll of vinyl to match and wrap your stock letters. It will be very time consuming but it will work just take your time and use an x acto knife and a heat gun to cut and work it into tight spots.

I've done it before on other emblems. Works good if you have the patience for it.

That's a really great idea, but I wouldn't even begin to trust myself with doing that. I would want to know that they were either professionally made or done by someone who has a clue what they are doing.

scottmcc

Viper Owner
Reaction score
That's a really great idea, but I wouldn't even begin to trust myself with doing that. I would want to know that they were either professionally made or done by someone who has a clue what they are doing.

Just go to any custom vinyl shop and have them make you up a bunch. I had about 10 sets made up for around $20. Put a set on the Viper, Riding Lawn Mower, Durango, Tool Boxes, Garage Cabinets, etc..

OP
OP
V

vipertom7

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just go to any custom vinyl shop and have them make you up a bunch. I had about 10 sets made up for around $20. Put a set on the Viper, Riding Lawn Mower, Durango, Tool Boxes, Garage Cabinets, etc..
Can these fit over top of the stock lettering, or did you just completely replace the stock letters? Would it look good having vinyl lettering stuck on top of the lettering without actually wrapping them? Does anyone have pictures of their custom lettering? Thanks.

DrTaco

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Can these fit over top of the stock lettering, or did you just completely replace the stock letters? Would it look good having vinyl lettering stuck on top of the lettering without actually wrapping them? Does anyone have pictures of their custom lettering? Thanks.

My R&J chrome letters. LOVE them. Perfect match for OEM in size and texture.
You must be registered for see images attach

OP
OP
V

vipertom7

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My R&J chrome letters. LOVE them. Perfect match for OEM in size and texture.

Wow, those look incredible! From the pictures, they look like they have that 3d texture. Do I have to ask for anything specific in order to get them designed just like yours?

DrTaco

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey, thanks for the compliment. Yes, they are raised and "3D". Just go to their website and click on "emblems", you will get a info form to send them. You don't have to "do" anything special, but I would ask them about matte black and any custom wording you want under the emblems. You will see numerous posts about them being slow to respond.... just keep that in mind

LifeIsGood

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They didn't have matte black on their previous website.

This is their black...

You must be registered for see images

...black pearl...

...and carbon fiber...

OP
OP
V

vipertom7

Viper Owner
Reaction score
They didn't have matte black on their previous website.

This is their black...

...black pearl...

...and carbon fiber...

Perfect, thank you!! Any thoughts on which one of these three colors would look best on a red dodge viper with matte stripes would be much appreciated. I will post a pic of the car to help get a better idea of what it would look like.

DarcShadow

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You could always get one of these and paint it flat black before putting it on, or cover it in flat black vinyl. Either should be rather easy to do prior to putting them on the car.

OP
OP
V

vipertom7

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You could always get one of these and paint it flat black before putting it on, or cover it in flat black vinyl. Either should be rather easy to do prior to putting them on the car.
This would be a good idea too, but I just wouldn't trust myself with even an easy job like that. I want to give the viper the respect it deserves, so I wouldn't want to try something myself and have it turn out poorly.

Brian GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've bought emblems from R&J a couple times. Great quality...have been very pleased.

I lean toward the solid black. Would be nice if they could get you matte black!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte