Damn curbs!

DarcShadow

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well I screwed up today. Wasn't thinking and turned to quickly as backing out of my parking spot and scrap the corner of the front bumper against the curb. Not sure why I didn't hear or feel it but I didn't notice till I saw the paint ont he curb. :( The damage isn't to bad though, a small section about the size of a quater is now white where I scraped down to the plastic. I figure I'll get some touch up paint to cover it up so it doesn't look as bad. So my question is, other then making sure it's clean is there anything special I should do to the area before applying the paint. Also where can I get touch up paint to match the 2001 yellow? Would Auto Zone or Pep Boys have a color that would be close enough?

Socrates

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I feel your paint (or pain), my bumblebee brother. Tow truck driver put a small ding in my front bumper the other day (see my post for pictures and details). I'm still ticked about it, but nothing that some time and a repaint can't fix.

You can buy exact color touch-up paint here:

http://www.autovisuals.com/

Reaction score
Been there, done that. I know it *****...but touch it up as best you can, drive on, enjoy...and plan to take the nose off as a winter project and have it repainted. :) :(