Dead 2006 Coupe

supersnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had parked my 06 coupe 2 months ago as my 08 Roadster came in, Went to Start and move it and it is Stone Dead, No Problem, Charged up the battery and my hand held meter says 13.2 volts, Should Start, No it won't supply enough Power to unlock the doors, Put a boost from one of my other cars, Still nothing, Changed Battery with a new one, Still nothing, Now when I did Park it, the alarm was on, so I am wondering if anyone knows if there is a Power cut off if the Battery goes Dead with the alarm on, As there is not enough power to get anything to happen when you hit the Key fob, Tried my other Key fob as well as new batterys in the fob, Also When I opened up the trunk there is no lights come on as usual. Anyone else have this issue.

J&R3xV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know gen I and II had a reset for the power shut off when the battery died but I haven't heard anything about 3 and 4 call chuck

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Look in the owner's manual regarding the key fob alarm instructions. It may have some helpful data there.

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Had the same problem once, call chuck Tator, I an't remember where the bcm reset is, it was either under the dash or under the hood in the fuse box...

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
make shure the black plastic cover is not on the top post terminal still,sounds stupid but have seen this more than once,if you have dash activation when you turn the key to on position,try and leaving it on for 10 or so minutes,this may deactivate security,its more than likely something simple.

OP
OP
S

supersnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the Help Guys , Found out in the Service Manual that the Computers go into Battery Save Mode or Sleep Mode, All you have to do is push down on the Drivers door Latch to turn the Computers back on, I hadn't tried that as the key fob would not unlock the doors, Now the Batterys Charged, Hit the door latch and Presto, My F/E Coupe is alive, Just thought a Update would Help other Members.:D:D

RMBSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So the on button is the driver side door handle...make sense to me:rolaugh::lmao::rolaugh:.

Thaks for the info.