Dealer just called 2014 ordering open??

Capt Van

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just heard from the salesman that he got allocation for 2014 and I have to have my order in by Monday July 1.

He also said the the track pac is no longer available, but he is looking in to it and not sure about any price increase.

Has anyone else heard about any of this?

I had a 13 on order since the first day of wave 2 ordering but canceled as they could not tell me if it would be a 14 or not. I have a fairly large deposit with them that I left with them when I canceled.

ACRucrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Track pack not avail? If that's the case I wonder if its a supplier issue or package only (TA, ACR, etc)

wikkid

Viper Owner
Reaction score
They cant even fill 13 orders, are they kidding....friggin joke

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Track Pack wheels are gonna be available through MOPAR from what I understand. More then likely they did away with the Track Pack (speculating since I don;t know for sure) due to the TA. Makes sense to me. Price increse is expected.

VENOM V

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They cant even fill 13 orders, are they kidding....friggin joke

In fairness, the factory is humming on all 10 cylinders now. Better late than never. Make that very late, LOL

Time for some owner loyalty rebates and deep discounts on the 13's.

Amen, brother. That would be fair, considering all the BS we've gone through.

I'm skeptical that they'd eliminate the track pack option, unless they did something like implemented the Stoptech brakes for all models. The standard brakes aren't up to the task for a serious road courser. And they will build so few TAs that almost no one will own one. I'm sure they'll have some sort of solution for track rats.

Beny1998

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rumor has it that-The light weight two-piece Stoptech rotors is standard equipment on the GTS, which is driving a $1,500 MSRP base price increase on the GTS model.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
You can order the tires and the Sidewinder wheels seperately - so all you are missing is the Stoptech rotors. So if you order a GTS ,the Stoptechs are now standard, and you just need to order the rims and the tires- no Stoptechs on an SRT, so you can't essentially build on this model. This is not the normal ordering but a very, very abbreviated run essentially for what was the second wave. Most Dealers do not have any allocation. The cars are way out on build too, just filling in the blanks for the Dealer allocation established for 2013 , but not fulfilled due to delays. We can order cars for folks, as we have allocation, and we can give you correct information. The SRT hood is now available for the GTS , as well as red stripes across the board to match the red interiors so many of you inquired about.

Give me a ring or email;

VENOM V

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can order the tires and the Sidewinder wheels seperately - so all you are missing is the Stoptech rotors. So if you order a GTS ,the Stoptechs are now standard, and you just need to order the rims and the tires- no Stoptechs on an SRT, so you can't essentially build on this model. This is not the normal ordering but a very, very abbreviated run essentially for what was the second wave. Most Dealers do not have any allocation. The cars are way out on build too, just filling in the blanks for the Dealer allocation established for 2013 , but not fulfilled due to delays. We can order cars for folks, as we have allocation, and we can give you correct information. The SRT hood is now available for the GTS , as well as red stripes across the board to match the red interiors so many of you inquired about.

Give me a ring or email;

Making Stoptech rotors standard on the GTS is a sensible move. Surprised they didn't do the same for the SRT, as the SRT is considered the ******** model that I would think track rats would gravitate towards.

OP
OP
C

Capt Van

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good to hear about the SRT hood, I think it look great.
They sent me the standard list (I tried to post it but no luck), didn't see any reference to the stop tech brakes.
It sounds like these cars should be titled as 2013 1/2, not sure if this is a true 14.

RevHeat

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just placed by order for 2015, should have it next week as others wait for their 2013. Thanks SRT for making me feel special!

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Surprised they didn't do the same for the SRT, as the SRT is considered the ******** model that I would think track rats would gravitate towards.

I wouldn't call the SRT more "********" in terms of being a track car." It was developed for the Old school Viper enthusiast that doesn't want all the high tech suspension and leather. Just the back to basics Viper. So putting the upgraded rotors on the GTS is not surprising. However the brakes should perform the same as they are both the same brembo system. Just a different rotors.

BigDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They need to wise up and do away with the SRT model. Just a GTS and then create options. Much smarter IMO than trying to have two tiers of standard Vipers. Imagine all of the money they can save on badges!

sween

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you can order the SRT hood on a GTS, I'm interested to see what an SRT hold with full stripes will look like. Bet it will be nice.I agree with BigDawg, I could see the SRT model being dropped soon.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang