Delivery of my GTS at last, and some pics too!!

genXgts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well the GTS is tucked in the garage, after a long and jagged journey after purchasing the car in Vancouver. To save some bucks on shipping the trailer went down to LA, and then Texas, and a slew of other states before dropping her down on Thursday in MI for me to hop across the border to where I live in Windsor.

My first and only plug goes to Fred, owner of Concours Transport. 100% professional, attention to detail and keeps you in tune with your car every step of the way with both him as the owner of the company and the driver of the truck your on as well. Sometimes bigger is not always better, the car arrived as it was when it was picked up, what more could you ask for? On my trailer at the time of delivery a 512 M edition was unloaded to get my GTS out, and a sweet 1966 365 GTB/4?? was under my GTS, exotics are the norm, which was comforting to say the least...

Of course spring is refusing to arrive in our area, so the day after delivery of my Viper a nice 2 inch coating of snow hits the roads, nice! That melted off yesterday, and finally just came in from the first extended cruise in the car:

Torque everywhere, any gear, any time, have to love it! Thank this board for using caution with the go pedal at all times, today was the first run with full shots of throttle, and things are getting squirrily back there at some pretty high speeds, ear to ear grins shortly thereafter!
laugh.gif

Lack of dead pedal, not a bother so far, tunes are pretty lame, front fascia ride height is nuts, have to pick your lines on where you can and can't go, have wood at the end of my driveway to get the thing over the driveway lip!
All that quickly fades when 3rd gear runs you well past 100mph, I think my top was around 130ish in 4th today. All in all not bad considering mid 40 degree temps and slightly dusty roads from a winter of salting, can't wait to do some warm weather exploring at the better half of the Cdn spec 360km/hr speedo!!haha
here's a link to some pics of the car at my buddy Scott's place today:

http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4291921055

have to work on the process to post them individually right on the thread!

thanks again to all that helped out on what to look for/what to avoid, the Blue/White is gorgeous, any Viper in any Color is stunning, and this one is no exception to me, if for no other reason than it's mine!!

next stop, Corsa/Belanger/EBC/Kumho/3.55/half-shafts/random techs.........good god, what have I started......

USAF BAD ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats GenX! It's been nice talking with you in the chat room. I know you've been waiting for awhile and it looks awesome!!!!!!!!!!!

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats Ryan! Well, worth the wait!! Right!!
Snake looks great!!
Be carefull in the cold weather! Spring is near!! Then have less fear,about losing the rear, while you're hitting 2nd gear!!
Wow, I am poet! Man, I really bored!
Congrats again, hope to meet up this summer sometime!

OP
OP
G

genXgts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just for archive sake I thought I'd test out the new avatar on my "got it" thread!

Hey VRE, everytime I see some photoshop work with a Viper I feel the need for a 12 inch soup can and a dolphin tail, ahhh yes...........

BigsViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<FONT size="4">Whew!!!.... Finally!!!!....Welcome to Viperdom!!</FONT s>

Now just slap in your Carpenters CD and you'll be set! Canadian Babes Beware!!!!
laugh.gif
Congrats Ryan - and Best Regards!!
smile.gif

Venom Lover

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ryan,
You've been one very patient individual. I know you've waited a long time for this and deferred gratification longer than most of us could. Congrats! She's a beauty!

--Mike

Venom Lover

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh, one other thing, why Corsa catbacks and not Belanger or Borla? The Corsa tips look the nicest, but for a young guy like you, don't you want the car to be raucously loud???
smile.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrengine