Detroit

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok guys I know this doesn't belong here, but I know most people look here first. Maybe the mods could do me a favor and leave it here for a couple of days. Anyway, I'm coming out to Flint for work on a movie for a week. I'm only going to get one day off Sun, 29th of April. For me, the car fanatic, going to Michigan is like people going to Hollywood that love the movies. I'm guessing CAAP won't be open right? Be it Dodge, Ford, GM whatever, I've gotta soak in some kind of Car facility. I figure at the least, I'll get a rental car and cruise to Woodward Ave. and drive around the different plants. Any kind of info. related to Vipers would be awesome, but any and all info. will be appreciated. Thanks

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Walter P. Chrysler, The Henry Ford both are great car museums. If you only have one day that will mostly fill it. My guess(almost no way actually) is that CAAP would not be open, but you can call Viper Headquarters and have them tell you. I think that there is a Buick Museum in Flint. How much time do you have ? Flint is a good 45-50 min to Auburn Hill(Walter P Chrysler) and another 50 or so min further to Dearborn to The Henry Ford. Not sure if it's open on Sunday either but you can check in to the River Rouge Factory Tour(at The Henry Ford).

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is no way CAAP is open on Sunday. They barely make an 8 hour shift in 5 days.

I would think the Chrylser museum would be open. I don't think it would take more than 30-35 mins from Flint depending on where you start. Since DCX is just off I-75 it's very accessible.

Henry Ford museum would be a good place too but like Mike said from Auburn Hills it's another 45mins to Dearborn with no Sunday traffic. But if you knew where you're going I've done it in 35mins. (and not in the Viper)

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is no way CAAP is open on Sunday. They barely make an 8 hour shift in 5 days.

I would think the Chrylser museum would be open. I don't think it would take more than 30-35 mins from Flint depending on where you start. Since DCX is just off I-75 it's very accessible.

Henry Ford museum would be a good place too but like Mike said from Auburn Hills it's another 45mins to Dearborn with no Sunday traffic. But if you knew where you're going I've done it in 35mins. (and not in the Viper)

I used to live near Flint and agree on the 30 minutes to to Auburn Hills on a Sunday, also think another 45 min to Dearborn would be mx. You will be able to check woodward on the way

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Woodward is actually kinda boring if there's nothing going on. It's just another boulevard. Nothing car related really.

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I heard that Mike.

Could this Saturday be one of them days???

OP
OP
C

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for all the input guys. Everyone at work is dreading going to Michigan, I'm all excited like a little kid. They just don't get it.

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I went to MI back in January for the VCA President's Meetings. I really enjoyed the trip! Definitly go to the Chrysler Museum. Admission is $7 and well worth it. I plan on flying back later this year to tour the CAAP plant.