device for lap times and possible video ?

TommyG

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Can anyone suggest a good portable unit that I can switch bt cars for lap times and possible video?

So far I have heard about smarti-cam, traqmate and maxQdata.

Anyone have any exp with any of these or others? I am tech challenged so the more user friendly the better and I would prefer not to have to spend thousands of $ for this if possible.

Thanks.

RevHeat

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Tom,

Kevin F. use to use the following:

"I'm using a Canon FS100 mounted to the inside of the windshield with a Woods Powr-Grip. A 32G SD card will provide about 8 hours of video in I also use the Racelogic PerformanceBox for collecting the data and then use TrackVision Pro for overlaying the video with the gauges and track map. It's kind of a hodge-podge system, but it works pretty well and I can easily take all or part of it and put it on another car or on my motorcycle. The full-blown Traqmate system would be better but it's about $2K and is mounted in the car making it difficult to use on other vehicles. However, it overlays the video with data in realtime."

You can contact him on youtube at: YouTube - ViperFergy's Channel

He is a viper track rat.

Viperless

Enthusiast
Reaction score
V-Box

VBOX USA >> VBOX III 100hz GPS Vehicle Testing, Inertial Measurement, DriftBox Drift Meter

I use a Racepak G2X and a separate software program called Trackvision. You can use any video camera you like. Trackvision takes the data from the G2X and overlays a "dash" on your video. Pretty sweet. Here's a video I made:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkcmR-cxf7Y[/media]

Racepak Data Systems - Professional Motorsports Data Acquisition Systems

TrackVisionhttp://www.racepak.com/Road_Racing/G2X.php

OP
OP
T

TommyG

Viper Owner
Reaction score
thanks guys, I will look into this option. Rev, the hodge podge system sounds challenging for a guy like me but thanks anyway.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte