Diff Cooler temp switch needed

steve911

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi,

I am in the process of putting in a diff cooler in my car very similar (if not exactly) like the ACR-X cooler. The problem that I have run into is the switch to control the oil pump.

The factory part number is P5154012 but there are no assets anywhere and none in the pipeline. It is a 3/8 pipe with 2 terminals on top. I can find single terminal temp switiches but not 2 terminal. I believe the reason for 2 terminals is that the diff is not grounded to the car, where if it was a single would work.

Anyone have a source for a 3/8 pipe 2 terminal switch that comes on at 185 degrees?

thanks
Steve A.

Last edited:

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got both diff. and trans, cooler from Tom Francis.

With this system, the diff cooler pump is turned on by the trans. cooler heat sensor.

I run a Quaiffe and gauges to monitor the temps. The cooling system made a huge difference....:headbang:

OP
OP
S

steve911

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is official. The switch that comes with the ACRX's and with the retro fit kits from Tom F. (P5154012) has been offically discontinued from Dodge w/o replacement.

The nice suggestion I received about a coolant temp switch is that they do not function well over the long haul in oil. That comes from the manufacturer of the switch.

I do not know what the racers are going to do when their switch goes TU.

My quest continues....