DLM dyno'd my Supercharged Viper today!

Reaction score
Re: DLM dyno\'d my Supercharged Viper today!

Glad to hear you have some great numbers and your not scared to come to Texas. I have heard there are others who wont be coming. Your car sounds like it will be fun.

Martin D

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Congrats Scott!!!

I look forward to seeing you and the car sometime soon here in Atlanta.

Regards,

ronviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Congradulations, those numbers are fantastic without changing the pistions do you have any idea what kind of numbers are available. Will you change the transmission to automatic to take full advantage of all that power? Did you change cam and heads also? What compression ratio is your car now also is it intercooled. How will you address the traction problem. Those numbers have me drooling like a baby teething, again congrads.

THEMASH

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Was that with NOS or on supercharger alone ????????

Toronto_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Scott I know you cant reveal specifications but can you answer some questions. Do you have stock, or ported stock heads or aftermarket heads. What type of boost were you running. I am assuming that you were on race gas and about 15psi of boost at least. What kind of Supercharger were you running because you must be making more horsepower than anyone else has made. Can we see some dyno sheets. We need details.

Thanks

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I think one of our local members should have his Doug Levin creation finished shortly (if it isn't already). Gary - make SURE we get another dyno day scheduled for you. I'll bring the camera and the video!!

Scott - Congrats on the numbers, awesome stuff. Be sure to keep us posted on the results at the track. Did you already install a cage, etc? I have this feeling you will be below the 12's in the 1/4...
smile.gif

Chris

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

So when Doug is finished with Gerald's Viper maybe we can get ScottP, Doug, Gerald and of course The Hisser out to Gandy one night!!!

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

Hey!!!!! What about me!!! Chuck you little forgetful..ungreatful...person you! Hey call me, I have a next door nieghbor that wants to meet you! She's single...makes good money and not into cars..so she will like you for you! Strange huh! hehe! Call me bro!

MES

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Dang ScottP that Kicks some you know what. I seriously need to get with Doug about my car, I want to get some big HP by the end of the year without nitrous. Big meaning only 600-650 rwhp not your monstrous 851 WOW that's crazy. Humm 18 lb of boost that would mean you don't run nitrous to get 851 HP and you probably have 8.5/1 compression. I hope Doug is going to the Viper shootout in a couple of weeks at Moroso so I can talk with him in person.

Patman36

Enthusiast
Reaction score

That is absolutely amazing... I don't know if I could handle 1,200+ lb/ft of torque! Have fun with it and be safe ;)

Patrick

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Adam, I was listing the Levin SuperVipers and Sir Hiss. Of course you're welcome. Uh...bring the neighbor too!

MadMaxx

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Scott you crazy Beyastard! I must see this thing! I beg you!!!!

James

NCVCA

Enthusiast
Reaction score

perhaps a standing quarter mile ovation is in order. This gives many something new to aspire to.

So, what kind of mileage are you getting? -- just kidding.

Congratulations to you and your builders,

Jeff

MaxedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

So you just found out how talented Doug Levin is?
I can tell you first hand with two vipers Doug has built for me so far. His attention to detail and performance is amazing. I have over 35K miles combined on my cars without a single hitch. At first I couldn't imagine what that much power would feel like and how much I would be traction limited. The super charger really allows you to control the power to the ground.
I am waiting for the new 2003 viper than it's off to Dougy. If you didn't know already, Doug is da man!

Max

KingSnake97

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Sounds like DLM should have been in the CAR and DRIVER Supertuner Challenge! NICE ScottP, real NICE! A Doug your not making life easy for a engaged man.
dead.gif

jamie furman

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Those are some huge numbers, but what do you do with all that horse power? If the engine holds up that will be great because the halfshafts and tranny and rear definately won't.I am just curious why so much horsepower for a street car?

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Jamie,

Thank you for your concern, but that's why they toned it DOWN to only 851 rwhp !

TaTa,

Gerald

OP
OP
M
Reaction score

Scott, I hope you can talk the other Florida guys to come to Texas October 21st. I have read several posts where they say they arent coming. It is a good chance to come and have fun with most of the trip paid for. I know the New Jersey guys backed out cause they dont really have anything fast, but you guys look like your the only ones who will give us a good run. Hope to see you guys.

jamie furman

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Theres no doubt its got a big shot of juice to put up those numbers. I really don't have any concerns just interest, because with 851hp and 1200tq on the rear wheels, if my math is correct and it is thats about 9.1 at 148 in the quarter.I am interested in seeing how much of it you can use and how much is a waste.I know from personal experience 570&570 will get you 10.4 at 135
thru the cats on street tires, so hell maybe you will see 8's. Can't wait to hear about your runs, good luck.

jamie furman

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Gerald are you the offical spokesperson for all Doug Levins customers? If you are could you post a schedule of race dates we could focus on so I don't miss any of the results.And you didn't answer my first question what do you do with all that horsepower where can you use it in a street car?

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jamie furman:
what do you do with all that horsepower where can you use it in a street car?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've had the same question asked of me about my bone stock 98 RT/10. It's just a matter of where you want to draw the line.

Reaction score

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jamie furman:
Gerald are you the offical spokesperson for all Doug Levins customers? If you are could you post a schedule of race dates we could focus on so I don't miss any of the results.And you didn't answer my first question what do you do with all that horsepower where can you use it in a street car?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Thank you everybody for your input!

Jamie -
Gerald, just like all of our customers, ARE OUR spokes persons. Gerald qualifies as a loyal DLM customer, hence we are building his second Supercharged Viper.

I personally don't care for "In your face advertising" to persuade the public how good a product is. Also, I won't use other tuners "with common negativity" to promote our products. There are many other tuners I would (and do) highly recommend for performance upgrades.

Scott may have crossed the dyno numbers out of sequence, I don't blame him, he was so excited to have so much power. On blower alone the car made 851 rwhp and 900+ rwTQ.
On spray the car made almost 1000 rwhp and exceeded the dyno limits (past 1200). We lowered the boost to 13 lbs so to spare his life
smile.gif
, I value him too. Scott's engine is far removed from stock and built to handle the high horsepower. Don't expect him to break any track records soon. He will need some seat time and getting used to the power. I wish him the best, he deserves it, and most of all to have FUN and be SAFE!

Sincerely,
Doug

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Gerald:
LOL!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Is that because you're the official spokesperson?
laugh.gif

Supra

Enthusiast
Reaction score

That is an insane amount of horsepower and specially torque! Congrats!

jamie furman

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Doug I am not a tuner nor a spokesperson for the customers of the tuners that work on my car, they will have to do that on their own, but usually when I ask joe a question mike doesn't answer joe does. Scotts enthusiasum made me wonder
why so much, not that it was bad or anything but what are you gonna do with all that horsepower inquiring minds want to know.And say what ever you want about other tuners thats between you and them I could care less, but what I do want to know is, Scott if your allowed to answer are you going to drive the car on the street or race it or do a little of both? How do you harness all that power and where can you use it.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Razorwire