DLM III+ first impression

GTS-ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
First of all I'm still learning :confused: about my digital camera so please be patient. Well last night I received shipment of my 99 ACR with a DLM III+ (830rwhp/796rwtq) package lurking :cool: below it's skin. It was really exciting to see it backing out of the Exotic truck and hear the rumble. As it backed up beyond me I cought sight of the big polished intercooler behind the grill and then I noticed the whistle from the air duct. Wow what a beautiful :laugh: sound and sight. Looking under the hood :eek: was breathtaking. Doug and his crew have transformed my engine bay into a work of art. My first impression of this package is that Doug is as picky about detail as I am. I'm telling you every wire, clamp, hose, bolt, bracket, gauge looked like it came straight from the factory (if that's possible)and like it belonged there. The main reason I chose Doug to do the work on my car is his attention to detail and without a doubt he has lived up to his reputation. I know, I know blah blah blah, you want to know how it feels but imho this stuff about detail is as important as how it drives. After all you have to live with the craftsmanship as long as you own your car. Well, about the feel, it is certainly much louder now from both inside and out. The idle is very stable and predictable with a mild lope thanks to the new cam, head work and T&D rockers. Driving through the neighborhood was smooth at idle and certainly drew most everyone's attention and a few screams from a group of girls. It actually felt less jerky now with the DLM package at 5-20 mph than without it. On the main road there was incredible power on demand at all gears and speeds. I didn't push it in 1st or 2nd too hard (did't want to go sideways with my son on board for the :D maiden voyage) Third gear was a total trip! rolling into the go pedal was an endless boosted pull with unreal acceleration. Taking my foot off the pedal (due to fear) felt like hitting a wall (that was something I've never :shocked: experienced before.) Driving 100 mph is cool and sraight forward :cool: in a viper but being shot from a cannon to 100 mph :eek: is something totally different. This is no longer a fast car it's a rocket. All I can say is UNREAL. Thanks Doug :D :D :D :usa:

V10 MOJO

Enthusiast
Reaction score
sounds nice, those SC tuners sure do good work, cant wait until i hit one of em up for some work (if i could ever quit blowing my money on less important things, LOL)

8AVETTE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi GTS ACR, we spoke on the phone from Doug's place the other day.I was there and saw you car and all I can say is what a work of art.I have my ACR there for the level lll and my SRT there also for a level 1+. I just cant wait to drive them. I have missed all MCVO events this year to date because of work being done on these cars, not just Doug leven's work. I'm sure it will be worth it but I am a very impaitant person.Summers just about over and I still hope to do some Viper events this year.

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats! Sounds good doesn't it! And pulls like hell!!
Have fun!
Anychance you will make it to Gingerman in a couple weeks for the Viper wars?

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This was the car I got a ride in :D Never will I let Doug drive me around again :eek: Sweet ride both in and out, good luck with her :)

MaxedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOL i just went for a ride in my DLM car after reading your story. :D best way to describe it!!!!! :) :)
:D :D

cstegall

Enthusiast
Reaction score
GTS-ACR,

After speaking to you the other day and then getting your message(after the maiden voyage)I am in total envy right now. You now have a beast on your hands and I know how much you will enjoy it. Don't forget to give me a call with some more "stories".

CONGRATS....

CStegall

Saleen-Explorer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What tires are you running now? To anyone with that type of power or close, is it even possible to go full throttle in 1st or 2nd even with Kuhmos or BFG drag radials with that type of power and torque?

Sounds like a monster :cool:

Nexus-6

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can only imagine...

A few weeks ago, I went for a ride in a twin turbo C5 putting down a little over 600rwhp and 3rd gear in that thing was unreal...

Now add 200rwhp.

Good grief I need another Viper...and soon...

MaxedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can only imagine...

A few weeks ago, I went for a ride in a twin turbo C5 putting down a little over 600rwhp and 3rd gear in that thing was unreal...

Now add 200rwhp.
dont forget about the torque from the v10 :D

Max

OP
OP
G

GTS-ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for all the feedback. I just cant get over how awesome my car now looks, sounds and drives.

- 8AVETTE - It's definitely worth the wait, you won't be disappionted.
- Casey - I'm not sure if I can make the wars. What is the date?
-Moundir - (the ice man) You were not kidding about my car, it is amazing!!
Cstegall - Yes I am in heavan with my car here and loving every minute of it. You on the other hand will have the last laugh when your DLM pro IV returns.
Saleen-Explorer - I put a set of new Michelin Pilot sports on and I have not tried WOT in 1st or 2nd. I'm farly certain that would be an interesting (and dangerous) ride.

Rob

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's his dyno... holy crap. Look at the TQ at only 3500RPM. It's hard to read, but is that near 750-800 RWHP (hard to tell)??? Note the conservative A/F ratio. I'm sure it could be spun up or leaned out for much more power, hot 100+ dyno room temps, and driven 1 hour to dyno. These numbers do not reflect real street (cold air going over intercooler temps! :laugh: :laugh: ) ok ok, enough, here's his dyno, he faxed it to me to post since I can host things.
You must be registered for see images attach

Gerald

SapphireGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gerald . . . You work at DLM? Sorry for my ignoraimousness

Doug talked to me on Monday. I am hoping to be lucky enough to send my car there. Doug was going to check out a cancellation to see if he could get me in.

I take it install time is pretty lengthy. He was going to do forged pistons and a S/C.

NICE DYNO NUMBERS!!!! Is that with stock drivetrain? I have never heard of anyone breaking trannys or rearends in these GII cars..

Keith

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
no, I just am real nice so I get good prices when I upgrade :laugh: is that so hard to understand .. yup yup yup.. :laugh:

Tom and Vipers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds great on paper, but I drove a NA 600 rwhp Viper in SoFla and it was the most frustrating thing I ever did.

And I was out around Lion Country Safari which is basically the Outback of FL.

Simply no where to enjoy the power.

Too much traffic, too many cops.

VERY frustrating and depressing.

This was a VERY BIG SURPRISE because I thought it would have been a lot of fun!

I guess the cops have me whipped....

Chuck B 98 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds great on paper, but I drove a NA 600 rwhp Viper in SoFla and it was the most frustrating thing I ever did.

And I was out around Lion Country Safari which is basically the Outback of FL.

Simply no where to enjoy the power.

Too much traffic, too many cops.

VERY frustrating and depressing.

This was a VERY BIG SURPRISE because I thought it would have been a lot of fun!

I guess the cops have me whipped....
You have to play hide-n-go seek with the cops :)
The traffic is not fun to drive in s. Florida. Too hot and too many old people :p

Chuck

red98GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Imagine driving this thing some cool evening with cold air rushing over the intercooler and nobody around. Dammit I'm jealous. Pete

Chuck B 98 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Imagine driving this thing some cool evening with cold air rushing over the intercooler and nobody around. Dammit I'm jealous. Pete
:D In the cold weather you'll think you had nitrous on that beast. You'll be traction challenged ;) . Hope you have a good set of tires!

Chuck

TomMiriViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
[/QUOTE] :D In the cold weather you'll think you had nitrous on that beast. You'll be traction challenged ;) . Hope you have a good set of tires!

Chuck

[/QUOTE]Wait till you drive in the winter GTS ACR!!! You'll need to update your life insurance ;)

Cheers,
Tom

Fishtail

Enthusiast
Reaction score
GTS-ACR -- What a great way to tell the experience! I'm going to get the full treatment from Doug again soon :D . You just made me more envious and now I can't wait :p . When you hit the cold weather LOOK OUT :D !
Enjoy that monster...... Doug is a WORLD CLASS TUNER!

-Lou

Larry Macedo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very nice numbers, GTS-ACR! What is a DLM III+? I went to Doug's website and it gives no generalization of components used. Is the plus (+) portion of the kit nitrous? Thanks!