DLM III+ first impression

Fishtail

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very nice numbers, GTS-ACR! What is a DLM III+? I went to Doug's website and it gives no generalization of components used. Is the plus (+) portion of the kit nitrous? Thanks!
I talked to Doug about GTS-ACR's supercharger system. NO nitrous on the car and it does have cats like mine :) . Doug said the cats were a limiting factor in overall power.

I think Treynor's the only DLM sc beast with nitrous on it at the present? I could be wrong.

The plus is a custom built system -- I think Doug could chime in more about the details.

-Lou

Fishtail

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think Treynor yanked his off (Nitrous)? Can't speak for him though.
Doug said they disconnected it but they can easily hook it back up. From what I've read, Treynor would use it.... He's crazy :D j/k!

-Lou

treynor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've been on again, off again with the N2O. When we were contemplating the 1300HP "big blower" setup, there was of course no call for the N2O and Doug took it off. Now that sanity has returned and we're looking at a tame, streetable ~1000 HP setup, putting the N2O back on (for track use) makes sense, and that's probably what I'll ask Doug to do. Keeping the boost modest and having N2O for the track yields a streetable package which should still clear 150 MPH in the 1/4 mile.

Fishtail

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now that sanity has returned and we're looking at a tame, streetable ~1000 HP setup
LOL that's sanity all right :eek: . Could you define sanity for all of us treynor :D

-Lou

Mopar488

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a 2K GTS. What kind of money are we talking about for the package? Any reliability issues?

Fishtail

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a 2K GTS. What kind of money are we talking about for the package? Any reliability issues?
I've had mine about 5 months and It's been bullet proof so far! I'm still getting used to it :) :) FAST! I don't know the cost of all Doug's systems but they will custom build a dream car for you. Call Doug at 305 249-race he's a pleasure to do business with. :usa:

-Lou

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tbone96