DLM VIPER VS Huybusa!!!

Dr Roof

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well After Church today we Drove Downtown to eat at the Galt House and after Lunch I heard a Motorcycle Reving in the Garage! Of cours my attention was focused on the Thrill that might lie ahead! I proceed out of the garage and just one car between us was the suspect. I paid and Gave him the rev as warning him to stay away! Well I proceed to the stop sign turn and in a hurry I hear the sound of something wanting to play. Well as he came around we both look and rev and nod but the same thing must have went through our heads as we had the redlight to ourselves. You see he had his Daughter on board and I had my son in the Car. However the conclusion was mutual, We must meet again!

No racing when the Kid is on board! I pray for another oppurtunity!

MannyC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As a bike owner and having a friend with a Hayabusa (which is actually my next purchase) I would suggest you prepare yourself for a spanking, although no doubt you will have fun getting one :)

If you win, it is only because he is an absolute newbie rider. The bike can break 0-60 in under 3 seconds and has a higher top end than the viper to boot. I *think* the new Hayabusa's have a governer on them to keep them from going over 170 something, but just like anything, it costs just a few bucks to bypass that.

You could spank HIM though on a road course -- Haybusa's are so big and are not the best bikes for cornering.

Paolo Castellano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As a bike owner and having a friend with a Hayabusa (which is actually my next purchase) I would suggest you prepare yourself for a spanking, although no doubt you will have fun getting one :)

If you win, it is only because he is an absolute newbie rider. The bike can break 0-60 in under 3 seconds and has a higher top end than the viper to boot. I *think* the new Hayabusa's have a governer on them to keep them from going over 170 something, but just like anything, it costs just a few bucks to bypass that.

You could spank HIM though on a road course -- Haybusa's are so big and are not the best bikes for cornering.

Superbar, you obviously have no idea what you are talking about when it comes to Dr. Roof's car..... It has 800+ RWHP and will SPANK that Hayabusa SILLY in any kind of race other than off the line with a 3450# car and 200# driver! Even 400 WHP Hayabusas only go 220+ MPH on the top end. A VIper with 800+ RWHP will go faster than that! Believe me!

P.S. I think Dr Roof's car went 140+ MPH in the 1/4........

genXgts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
considering a stock Viper goes 0-60 in 3.9 and Dr Roof's car has around double that of a stock car (in the range of a 1000 horse at the motor) , I would think the 0-60 time to be well under 3 seconds with traction.

ever hit top end Dr? thinking 210 range?

MannyC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I stand corrected, then -- the Busa will get whooped, yes?

However, are your 1/4 mile times on stock tires? If not, what is your time on your street tires? Tons of power and no traction aren't going to win you races. The post was about meeting the Busa on the street at a red light, not on a 1/4 mile strip. Nearly 200 HP on a 500 pounds bike with big fatty stock tires, makes it go pretty crazy fast.

Speaking of which, you ever see the T-Rex race vehicle? I think it is a Busa Bike, converted to a track vehicle with two front tires and one rear viper wheel. Pretty cool looking, actually. They had one here in La Jolla, Ca. at an exotic car showroom.

Daffy Duck Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
considering a stock Viper goes 0-60 in 3.9 and Dr Roof's car has around double that of a stock car (in the range of a 1000 horse at the motor) , I would think the 0-60 time to be well under 3 seconds with traction.

Traction being the magic word. Imagine what could be achieved if somebody invented a device that resulted in 100% traction at all times. ****, you'd have Vipers going 0-60 in less than a second! LOL Maybe I'll invent such a device. You think there'd be much demand for it? *smirk* But the one I'll invent will require that you have ABS, so I can easily integrate it into the system. Hah-hah. Yeah right!

You must be registered for see images

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
superbar, I've got a busa and a DLM viper.. My viper will walk it from a roll in ANY gear. You are correct about off the line though, but an experienced racer and a viper on street slicks or sticky tires will take it.. :laugh:
Since I'm going crazzzzyz with my new camera mount, I'll get one soon on vid...

Then I'll send my car back to DLM shortly for a LEVEL III upgrade. Can you say YEAAAH baby!???

Gerald

OP
OP
D

Dr Roof

Enthusiast
Reaction score
YEAH BABY!!!!!

From a roll the busa is in bad trouble! iM NOT sILLY ENOUGH not TO LEVEL THE FIELD! Take him on the interstate and introduce him to my Dr Roof License Plate! LOL

MannyC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well there you go -- from a person who has both. Thanks for clearing that up. Just keep in mind that my post was not intended to start any flaming. I assumed, based on what I read in the post, that the car was running street tires (since he was driving around town) and a race would occur from a red light against a Hayabusa (i.e., from a stop.) I aslo posted thinking about a stock viper... well not stock, but just some minor mods. It wasn't until later that I actually saw what type of viper was being driven. So the term 'spanked' should never have been used in the first place :)

I love all things fast -- I own a CBR929 and soon the Haybusa, a Z06 and I expect to take deliver of my viper this week. Flying planes now too and may look into one of those next year. Right now, I am online looking for a boat here in San Diego. Too many toys!

Paolo Castellano

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Stock 3.07 gear, stock tire height, .74 5th gear = 214 MPH @ 6200 RPM. 800 RWHP is plenty of power to hit 214. To go faster on the top end, you will need the gears I have in my transmission to get there.

800 RWHP should propel the car to 235 MPH with the proper gearing and power curve in relation to the gearing.

PhilC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't forget that these cars are aerodynamicly challenged. I wouldn't want to go those speeds without significant aero upgrades. My car felt very light at 185, put it this way, I ran out of balls before the car did.

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No kidding Phil, I don't think you could pay me ENOUGH to hit 180MPH in any car. perhaps if I'm a passenger w/ my eyes closed. Could you imagine going that fast tucked in on a motorcycle????? FORGET ABOUT IT!!!!!!!

OP
OP
D

Dr Roof

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hear Paolo has Balls to the Wall and will Do some serious top end speed!

nOT ME i HIT 165 ONE TIME AND THAT IS THE LAST

MannyC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Doing it on a bike doesn't seem as scary to me, for some reason. You tuck yourself in and just go and before you know it you are up to 150...160. No light feeling like you get in cars. I have never taken a bike beyond that speed because my bike doesn't go much faster.

treynor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
> No kidding Phil, I don't think you could pay me ENOUGH to hit 180MPH in any car.

FWIW, I did 160 three times this weekend in the Benz, and it was no big deal. 180 is certainly moving, and I wouldn't want to do it in a car which wasn't (aerodynamically) designed to hit those speeds.

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One night testing a Caddy for GM, I had the cruise set at 140mph for a few laps of the 4 mile oval. Computer said it was getting 13mpg at 140mph... I only come up with 207mph at 6200rpm and 25.5 tires..maybe they grow : )

Torquemonster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gerald - your Viper walks your Busa?!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

In the immortal words of Ali G - In Da House "Maximum respect man!"

You must need a couple of well placed golf tees just to sit comfortably. :D

re speed runs... aerodynamics and alignment are two key areas - I've cruised at 156mph in 2 cars and I could have had one hand on the wheel in both. This was a cambered 2 lane country highway - not a big interstate. It was at 2am and I just hovered over the centreline and cruised like it was 60mph. If the car feels light and nervous and requires constant effort to keep it straight - it needs some help. One of the cars I drove at 250kph was a Subaru Legacy turbo wagon (highly modified) and had a lot more ground clearance than any Viper - so I'd be looking at alignment to make the straight ahead easier. That might affect turn in - but the Subaru was no slouch in the handling department either - so a good compromise can be reached.... I'd rather sacrifice a little turn in for excellent straight ahead stability. Turn in is important for track cars that seldom get past 4th gear - it's not so important for a beast that can hit from 100mph to 150mph in a heart beat.... you want the straight ahead to take priority.

PhilC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok Treynor were you busting my chops with those parentheses or what (Spelling?). 160 is a breeze so is 170 which is a frequent occurrance but 180 and up just doesn't seem stable to me in the Viper anyway.

GONABITE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well from experience with racing Hyabussa with my car and at tht thime only 460 rwhp , I stuck with him until the point of 180 when he seemed to walk away from me very gracefully and I hit 185 and called it quits as someone stated the car seems a little bouncy at that speed. Of course all this was on a closed course!

genXgts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
my car at 175mph felt fine, no "chine walking", wait, that's a boating term.

that is until the passenger side glass popped out and I thought it was leaving the car, ouch......

thanks for the top end update Paolo, keep hearing you drive the car as it was designed to be driven. Awesome, love to get over that way for a cruise some time this summer hit some downtown bars!

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
I did 170 once, on a flat and straight road, no bouncing, very very stable. Didn't feel that fast, as far as the way the car handled. But the wind noise, tire noise, and the blur around me, let me know I was going plenty fast. The car had more left in it, but there were twinkling blue and red lights way up ahead, and it was time to shut it down. It also amazed me at how long it took to bring down from that speed.

It was early morning, I was headed up to ButtonWillow race track, on the I5, north of LA. Motorcycle kept taunting me to race, but he couldn't hang. Must not have been a Busa!

BACKNBLACK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm going crazzzzyz with my new camera mount, I'll get one soon on vid...

Then I'll send my car back to DLM shortly for a LEVEL III upgrade. Can you say YEAAAH baby!???

Gerald

[/QUOTE]

Gerald, get some good videos..Like night at *******, a night with a babe in your car..ok??

TFAST4U

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dr Roof,

At least you did the right thing.

Here is a heads up. I have a 2003 GSXR that will run 9.39 at 149mph STOCK. That would be with a pro rider on her. GPS top speed is 177mph. Ya I toped her out with 50 miles on her. If a bike like this or Huybusa turns a 1.59 or below in the 60 foot you will lose. The good news is most cant run a 1.59 or less in the 60 ft. So this in the end would be a great race for you.

Let us know the out come.

Man is this fun. No cars to race now we have moved to bikes. LOL TYou rock dude! :cool:

Miles B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
TFAST4U

I reckon a G1k could probably go faster than that. Recently, my attention was drawn by a post on this site to the records in the Stock SuperSport class of the AMA Pro Star series. This is a class for stock, other than a pipe and a jet/map. No other mods. These guys were getting 9.5s on stock 600s.

I've done 180 on bikes before... no big deal really. Unless you get a sidewind or your maintenance is behind, the bike's aerodynamics make it very stable. Cars can be a lot scarier, even though they don't seem as fast.

If a boosted Viper can beat a busa, that's something I have to ride in. The busa is crazy crazy fast. You just open it up and keep pushing in gears.. the speedo just spins around in a matter of seconds. 0-120mph in 7 seconds, and that's not a pro drag rider either.

I'd like to see a boosted Viper against a turbo busa. I watched a few videos of a guy riding one, and with half throttle, his speedo spun from 120 to 180 even faster than the stock bike did with full throttle. Took about 3.5 seconds. I believe it had mid 400s at the wheel with a lengthened swingarm and a huge rear tyre.

Doc, if your Viper can do 120-180 in 3.5 seconds, I gotta ride in one of those one day - that would be something that would even scare the crap out of me (the first time...)

treynor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
> Ok Treynor were you busting my chops with those parentheses or what?

Not at all. I was pointing out that some cars are fine at 180 (think aerodynamics & downforce), and some are not.

AJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
a 800+ hp viper will kill a busa from a roll. it has been done and i do have a video of a 800+hp supra racing stock and modded busas from a roll. the stock fell behind, the modded was a little ahead and holding its ground when the supra missed 5th.

if anybody can host the videos i will send them gladly.

i have an unrestricted 00 zx-12r btw.

alex
02 gts
00 zx-12r
few other cars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Qdog