DLM VIPER VS Huybusa!!!

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the freaking speedo looks like the rpm gauge :eek: I'd be scared of that puppy :ooo:

Viperzilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did you guys see the Busa that competed in the salt flat races, it was on Discovery for Motorcycle weekend. It was 450HP and went [something] over 200! Race that if you dare, hehe.

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
I've never seen anything accelerate like that. 220 MPH! Thats' "change-your-pants" fast!

Nexus-6

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That vid has been around for a while now....

If you look at the center lane dividing lines on the road you can still see them as seperate painted stripes.

At 200+ it'd be a single blured line...it's all subjective but evidently the guy that made this video even posted a few weeks after the fact that the speedo was rigged or something. Don't recall the exact story.

The most telling part of the video is between :28 and :30 in the timer - notice the turnout that appears on his left and how slowly it goes by as he passes, even though his speed is an indicated 200mph at that point.

Still, pretty [******] fast....and a fun video.

PETSN8K

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I've seen someone go from 50mph to sliding down the road flat on his back in less that 3 seconds!

Torquemonster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nexus-6 - i was thinking the same thing - at first it was unbelievable - then when i watched again - the speed did not seem to relate to road speed. I have genuine footage at 200mph on a public road and it is way faster looking than that was! So I agree - the video may be a fraud... but it was still very fast.

re 50mph to zero.... lol yes - I've seen a bloke killed lying on the tank at top speed on a superbike - a cop pulled in front and he had no chance to pull up.... talk about fly - he landed what seemed over 100 yards from the bike.... not nice

onerareviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Video is a fraud. At the end his speedo says 100-110, and it looks more like 60. Not to mention he buried the speedo at 220 and put another 30 MPH, at least it seemed. 250? No way. Lines would be a blur....

Nexus-6

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone here see the F40 200mph video a few years ago? The president of the Japanese chapter of the Ferrari club decided to film a 200mph+ run on a public highway - with traffic around him.

The poor sod sold the video (sold like 10K copies of it!) and the cops tracked him down that way later on...

That video looked like 200mph. Hell, it looked like 3000mph!

Anyhow...here's a really fast bike.... :)

Paolo Castellano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone here see the F40 200mph video a few years ago? The president of the Japanese chapter of the Ferrari club decided to film a 200mph+ run on a public highway - with traffic around him.

The poor sod sold the video (sold like 10K copies of it!) and the cops tracked him down that way later on...

That video looked like 200mph. Hell, it looked like 3000mph!

Anyhow...here's a really fast bike.... :)

I saw that video! It was very cool and looked exactly like 200 MPH! Stupid to do so in traffic though.

Miles B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
He went from 50 MPH to 100 MPH in 2.9 seconds. Don't know if it is possible or not but that seems VERY fast.

Anyone know if that is even possible on a bike?

Yeah, it is. It's easy to tamper with bike speedos (buy a Yellow Box).. however, with the right rear sprocket to make sure there is no gear change in between, and 100 is at redline, that's possible. The bike can go from 60 to 120 in 4 seconds flat totally stock. And there's a gear change in there.

SnakeDreamer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yea that vid with the bikes speedo is an easy fake...
i mean come on, im sure the bike CAN do that, but that wasn't real. the speedo went up QUICK, but it's easy to see the bike did not speed up in relation to it. If the bike was climbing the speedo THAT FAST you could tell from the outside aswell!

My girlfriends family has 3 sportbikes, all 1000cc, and although ive ridden pretty fast on the back of them, i would never want to go any higher than 150.....if he wants to go that fast, let me off the next stop! lol

Viperzilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When he's doin 100 at the end, it looks like he's goin 62. In other words, it almost seems like it's km/h. Another thing is that he slows down aweful darn quick and at a steady pace. I know that there's a huge weight difference than cars, but wouldn't that still cause the brakes to overheat?

Another thing is when he's starting out, the first time you see the tach needle is at about 60 MPH, so would he have to shift into second to get to that MPH? Then after the first sight of the tach needle, he shifts 5 times, that would make 6 gears. How many gears do these bikes have?

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I paused the video to take a look . I also have a 2003 Suzuki Hayabusa :laugh:

1st gear, 8,500 RPM he's doing 70mph..topping out in 1st at 10k rpm approx at just over 80... sometihng is strange..

Those must be some REALLY loooong center divders because like you said, they go by awfully slooooow for doing 220 mph...

Fishtail

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The difference is on a bike 150 MPH feels like 90 :) .
Good video!

- Lou

BACKNBLACK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
After the Viper shoots its load on the Jappybussa, the guy will be looking for a doctor. The Bussa is fast man, but look what this guy has under his hood.Are you joking about who will win?? Oh you guys with *** bikes have alot to learn from the real deal...Its a Viper..Just remember what you are getting beat by...

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah , these Jappy bikes that backnblack makes fun of are simply technology on wheels. Incredible speed, incredible acceleration... Incredible reliability.

bNb, if you enjoy your Viper's speed, I suggest you don't get on one of these.. It will make your Barney mobile feel like a lawnmower.. Oh wait, it is.. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

HP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That vid has been around for a while now....

If you look at the center lane dividing lines on the road you can still see them as seperate painted stripes.

At 200+ it'd be a single blured line...it's all subjective but evidently the guy that made this video even posted a few weeks after the fact that the speedo was rigged or something. Don't recall the exact story.

The most telling part of the video is between :28 and :30 in the timer - notice the turnout that appears on his left and how slowly it goes by as he passes, even though his speed is an indicated 200mph at that point.

Still, pretty [******] fast....and a fun video.

The bike is fast, but don't try to equate real-time with a production
video. Don't believe every bike( or car) video unless you have some
means of verifying what you see. That picture was too stable to taken on
a bike pulling them kind of G's - shifting gears.
Another thing, at 200mph you get wind buffeting, unless you're in a vacuum.
Anyone that's been around bikes, know there are mobil trailers that allow
bikes to race on a treadmill- sort of a heads up Dyno - that's what that video reminds me of.

MichaelP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How would you add in the road, the other bike, the other cars etc if it were taken on a bike treadmill.

It just looks like he altered the speedometer as was said before.

HP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How would you add in the road, the other bike, the other cars etc if it were taken on a bike treadmill.

It just looks like he altered the speedometer as was said before.

Same as 'Fast and Furious' - You didn't believe those light warp NOS runs
I hope.

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm going to mount my video camera to my Hayabusa shortly and show everyone what the center line looks like at just 130, that's about as fast as I feel comfortable on a bike so far..

G

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Qdog