DLM VIPER VS Huybusa!!!

MichaelP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How would you add in the road, the other bike, the other cars etc if it were taken on a bike treadmill.

It just looks like he altered the speedometer as was said before.

Same as 'Fast and Furious' - You didn't believe those light warp NOS runs
I hope.

Don't know about the warp NOS runs I never saw the movie.

But I don't think the guy that made that video had a budget like they had for Fast and Furious. I would imagine though they made everything faster. The video obviously the bike is NOT going 220MPH the lines are not right as has been said.

I would guess it is just a manipulation of the gearing on the speedo, much less expensive. :)

BACKNBLACK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Gerald..Do us all favor...Don't do 130 and fall.I know bikes fast..I have rode the Busa before you got one..And if you think you can ride better than me..Lets put it this way..I have been riding since 12..Anytime you get to NY look me up..I'll have my Busa with me and I'll show you what an endo looks like from the passenger seat.. Friends Busa with another rider clocked the first Busa that ever came out @ 9.10 in the 1/4..Now if you know your Busa, you know they lowered the ponies from the first year Busa that came out...So Gerald, aytime my man..I'll be in Florida also in Oct..Lets meet my brother..I like to show you my Barney machine.....

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys that do stunts are NUTS bnb!!!! Scares the crud outta me man... ! They actually didnt' lower the HP (at least I don't think so), just restricted it so that only one gear (5th) is unrestricted. But the TRE (50 bucks) solves that...

167rwhp..

Gerald

Russ Oasis

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Like you guys, I don't know for sure if that video is rigged or not, but I will say this; I have a video camera in my Comp. Coup during races. When I watch it playback after the race, I can't believe how slow it looks in the video. 140 mph is really moving when you're inside the car but the video makes it look like no big deal. Just my .02.

Seifer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm going to mount my video camera to my Hayabusa shortly and show everyone what the center line looks like at just 130, that's about as fast as I feel comfortable on a bike so far..

G

BUMP :laugh:

Yves

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There we go again.

Just line up a stock Busa against a stock Viper. And a couple of modded ones against each other. Busa will win on both occasions. It's all about HP/weight ratio.
Busa has better aerodynamics by the way. Rather go +200mph on the bike than the Viper.

Hey - why not throw a remapped ZX-12 with full Muzzy and NOS in the mix ?

Flame intended ! :)

HP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I haven't read all the posts on this, but I don't think anyone has
questioned how the bike made it to 140mph on the back tire.
I would never pull the front wheel up over 100mph, it's too unstable.
It's also not the fastest way down the track, look at 1/4mi drag bikes -

Fast Freddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
well lets see, in addition 2 my viper i have a couple of motorcycles. why? because they are faster to name 1 reason. my year 2000 kawasaki zrx-1100 with turbo will smoke my viper. i run 8 lbs. of boost in it. my year 2001 honda cbr 929 with nitrous will smoke my viper too. i run a 25 hp shot of the funny stuff in it. my viper gets more tang though. i have done wheelies on my turbocharged kawi at over 100 mph. i won't feel sorry 4 u if i have 2 teach u a lesson about acceleration on my t-rex. just don't bring any tang with u in your viper because u will be humiliated by a $10,000 peice of machinery with 2 wheels made in japan.

Torquemonster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok FASTFREDDY - you've got a turbo big bike - study the video and tell us - is that speedo for real?

I don't think the speed we see on the road side matches the speedo - but I know video's make it look slower. What do you think?

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Freddy, I'm THINKING about Turboing my Suzuki GSX-1300R Hayabusa. Would you recommend it??? Engine longevity, etc?? Ive heard it makes things very finiky... ??

Gerald

Torquemonster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gerald! :eek: :eek: Are you serious?! I need heart pills just thinking about what that would be like..... :shocked:

... I found a stock superbike more than quick enough for me... you guys are in another league!

lets see.... 167rwhp plus 10lb boost = 10+14.7 = 24.7/14.7 = 1.68 x 167 = 281rwhp.

Turbo's are very efficient and spool quickly.... I can't imagine what it would be like on 2 wheels :eek:

At 15lb boost you'd double your output!

The actual figures may vary a bit for many reasons. In most engines I've seen - a turbo will often actually improve power another 5% on the boost calculations I've done here - but I would not expect that on a bike (because they are so highly tuned already there's little gain to be made pre-boost).... but if the air charge temps are kept in check you won't be far off the mark. Be like strapping yourself to a rocket launcher! :D

NB: the power losses re the calculations on the blower threads do not apply to a good turbo setup! Just in case someone chimes in here and tells you the figures won't work ;) :p

Fast Freddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yea, i saw that hayabusa vid. it sure does remind me of my turbo bike. only the hayabusa is just way more of a good thing than my turbocharged crotch rocket. not only does that bike have 200 cc's more than my 1100, but he is running twice the boost as me. not 2 mention his areodynamics are far superior 2 my hoolie ride. anyway, with that said there is no doubt by the way those tach and speedo guages on that bike are racin around that that is the real deal. i have to admit the scenery around the bike seems a little slow for the indicated 200+ mph, but videos never do justice 2 the real thing. case in point; i have in car video action from my road race days in road race cars doing 130 mph down the straights and the video makes it look like i am only doing like 100 mph. oh yea, motorcyles speedos are notoriously innacuarate. even the new digital guages. i gps'd my turbo bike and the speedo guage was optimistic by 7%. i gps'd my nitrous bike and the speedo was optimistic by 5%. i have heard of motorcycles speedo's being off as much as 10%. the hayabusas speedo was reading 220 mph. his speedo is probably 10% optimistic. if u strap a gps 2 him or radar him u will find he is really only going about 200 mph. but as u can c from the video it took him less than 30 seconds 2 attain that speed from a dead stop. this is what extreme street bikes are all about. major acceleration with top end 2. assuming his motor doesn't overheat he could ride this bike to and from work every day. all he has 2 do is fill it up at his house in the morning b4 work each day with some 110 octane race gas. :eek:

JDR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The rest of the story...

220MPH on the Speedo of that Bike is REALLY 163MPH.
140MPH is around 110MPH.

Pulling a wheelie to 110MPH is respectable, but that video clip is a known fake done with a 135% spedo mis-calibration, and NOT shifting to 6th.

But hey, don't believe me, after all ignorance is bliss!

Fast Freddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i just watched that video again for like the 10th time and i still stand by what i said. case in point: u can see the reflection of the riders body and helmet in the speedo guage. when he takes off u see his head turn to the side as he makes the turn, then he looks forward. as he passes the other busa rider his head turns to the side again to give that look he gives to vipers when he blows by them like they are chained to tree stumps. as soon as he turns his head back to see the road in front of him he nails the throttle and skys the bike into a second gear wheelie. he shifts into third gear while wheeling. something very easily done by accomplished riders. btw, wheeling on bikes with major power is easier than on bikes with lesser power. u don't have to clutch it. u just nail the throttle and give a little tug on the bars. anyway, i digress. when he tops out the rpm in third gear he drops the wheelie. according to his speedo that is approxiamtely 140 mph. this would be accurate because my 929's speedo reads 130 mph maxed out in 3rd gear. he shifts in to 4th and when he hits 150 mph u can see him lean forward on the bike. he has now gone into a tuck. i have gone over 150 mph on both of my bikes and 150 mph is the point where u need to tuck for aero. he then stays in the tuck all the way up through the top of 6th gear. which is 200+ mph. then as he slows down he stays in the tuck until he gets back down to 150 mph, at which point you see his body and helmet move back away from the speedo in to a upright position. this helps to scrub speed thru aerodynamic brake effect. if any of u have ever ridden a motorcycle beyond 150 mph like i have. u will know that u do not want to be caught dead on a motorcycle out of a tuck at speeds over 150 mph. the wind blast is severe. when he pulls out of the tuck he starts to apply braking. the reduction in speed from 200+ mph to 150 mph was done sans braking. the aerodynamic drag is so severe that the wind resistance is all that is needed to slow him down. if any of u have ever owned and ridden a turbo bike like i have then u would understand how it is that this vid is more than likely real. nothing gives me a speed fix like my turbo bike. not even my drag boat. turbo bikes are simply amazing. i would say the sensation feels like being strapped to a sidewinder missile launched from the wing of a f-16 fighter jet. it takes your breath away. sometimes i find my self almost hyperventilating on the bike. if speed kills you are lookin at a dead man. :eek:

Miles B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As a bike owner and having a friend with a Hayabusa (which is actually my next purchase) I would suggest you prepare yourself for a spanking, although no doubt you will have fun getting one :)

If you win, it is only because he is an absolute newbie rider. The bike can break 0-60 in under 3 seconds and has a higher top end than the viper to boot. I *think* the new Hayabusa's have a governer on them to keep them from going over 170 something, but just like anything, it costs just a few bucks to bypass that.

You could spank HIM though on a road course -- Haybusa's are so big and are not the best bikes for cornering.

Superbar, you obviously have no idea what you are talking about when it comes to Dr. Roof's car..... It has 800+ RWHP and will SPANK that Hayabusa SILLY in any kind of race other than off the line with a 3450# car and 200# driver! Even 400 WHP Hayabusas only go 220+ MPH on the top end. A VIper with 800+ RWHP will go faster than that! Believe me!

P.S. I think Dr Roof's car went 140+ MPH in the 1/4........

Paolo.. there are turbo Hayabusas doing over 245.

I just watched that video, and honestly I think his speedo is at least 35% off... he might have 2 YBs!! The last video I watched with a turbo busa was Ghost Rider - The Final Ride on DVD. Every time I've watched a turbo busa video, all you can hear is the turbo screaming. Not so in this one. Check out Ghost Rider - his speedo goes around even faster than that, and the speed actually looks right. Stuff *flies* by. The front end just bounces up no matter what speed. I have read a lot on bike forums of a fake speed busa movie.. I'm guessing this one is it. Those side streets just go by too slowly.

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Miles, of course a modded bike or busa will beat a modded Viper... :laugh:
But ANY STREET CAR, modded or not, that takes out ANY stock or slightly modded true crotch rocket, deserves serious credit.. :laugh: :laugh:

Gerald

HP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you want to see a fast bike video, check out the 1/4ml drag bikes.
700hp with 14" slick will get you down the quarter mile in 6sec over 200mph.

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
in all seriousness how on earth do those guys hang on to those bikes.. Are they strapped in?? If so, what happens if they crash??

G

Miles B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
D@mn straight Gerald, that's why I want to come back over there one day and take a ride in a blown Viper. The bike felt fast, so faster must be even better!

Nah I think they just hang on. They lie almost flat so they can push with their feet I guess. I'm nuts but there's no way I'd ever get on one of those things. I just know I couldn't control it, so it would be twist-n-pray. Those things go past 240mph in 5.8 seconds. I doubt I would even be able to react to the forces fast enough to not fall off, let alone steer it or keep it upright.

Nothing better than seeing a 6 second pass on a bike, then the rider pulls off her helmet and she's hot. I'm like... "yeah!" Doesn't happen often though.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JKGiant