Do My Seatbelts Work?

Makara

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Maybe it's me... I don't know but I have a feeling that my seatbelts don't work. When I hit the gas, the belts lock me into the seat. I can't move. It's a pain for checking my blindspot. When I hit the brakes.... nothing. The belts don't lock up. I'm free to fly through the windshield should I feel the urge. What up wit dat?

onerareviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If I hit the brakes moderate to hard, mine lock.
dunno.gif

LETHAL GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Same thing, mine will lock when braking hard or accelerating hard.
Yours should lock if you hit the brakes hard enough.
The reason I believe the belts lock under hard accel is because the seat will flex back a bit.
I'm thinking of installing a five point harness, because it is a pain in the ***.
TJ

onerareviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bigfoot,

Remember with 5-points, used correctly & safely, they must be worn 'tight'. No slack in the belts. Basically, you and the seat are 'one'. This is great from safety standpoint, but extremely annoying on the street. Let me explain. How many times driving your Viper do you have to lean forward to get a better view out the side windows, or to check your blind spot? Or reach to grab a CD, etc...? I do these things pretty often, and with 5-points, you can't. Other than your arms, your upper body is welded to the seat. On a race track, there great. On the street, I will stick with the standard belt. Remember, a 5-point belt worn loosely is unsafe, and your better off with the stock belt. My .02 after experiencing both worlds.

Later

Roffle Waffle

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I noticed that my car's belts put my in a death grip after a full throttle acceleration. I love it

Reaction score
Harnesses are NOT SAFE for the street. The tightness of the belts and the lack of being able to move side to side in an impact leaves what to take all the force? YOUR NECK, not a good thing in my book...

CCBrian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Harnesses are NOT SAFE for the street. The tightness of the belts and the lack of being able to move side to side in an impact leaves what to take all the force? YOUR NECK, not a good thing in my book...

Roll cages in a street car fall into the same catagory...imagine hitting your head on that pipe in an accident. Both of those items should be left on the track when they are used together...on the track a head restraint like a Hans Device and helmet help limit the above situation.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4