Dodge Dealer dmage to my Viper

my7vette

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just picked up my 2006 SRT10 from Arrigo Dodge in South Florida. They replced the sync and trans mount. The cars undercarriage has been damaged and a piece is missing leaving a big hole. They refuse to admit to the damage and indicated they are not responsible for a car left with them for repairs. When the walk through was done prior to me leaving it, there was no damage. As far as I am concern, the Viper was in their care custody and control.... Am I wrong here?? I will be seeing legal advice on Monday. Pissssdddd.

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nope you are not wong and they will be ultimately found responsible for the damage. They will carry this out to the bitter end. You might want to not only sue them for the damages, but also for "loss of use", "diminishing value" and mental distress. :mad:

bmw2nv2000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nope you are not wong and they will be ultimately found responsible for the damage. They will carry this out to the bitter end. You might want to not only sue them for the damages, but also for "loss of use", "diminishing value" and mental distress. :mad:

Great advise right there:2tu:

Ray W

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have never had a good experience with them. How much integrity would you say a dealer has that would take a deposit and order a car just to sell it to the highest bidder ?

If it is going to cost a lot to repair.

Have another dealer look at the damage and document how they think it was done.

Then get a lawyer. They only know how to play hardball and to them talk is cheap.

Panzer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah I went with my Dad once to Baxter Dodge to pick up a few parts and when we came back out A MANAGER was leaning on his truck. Now I come from a family where you get yelled at for closing the car door to hard, but we respect our cars. His truck is from 2002 and its in perfect freaking condition. Needless to say the guy got a talking too from my Dad. Then when we went to leave the guy tried to close my Dads door and say sorry but my Dad just told him to get f'ed :rolaugh:

evomind

Viper Owner
Reaction score
they can quote all the disclaimers they want but when u drop a car off and hand the keys over, they are responsible for the vehicle as its in their care and their care only.
they have control over the car.
you wont get anything for mental distress nor for diminished value, but you will get what ever it takes to bring the car back to where it was b4 the damage.
good luck, ull need it. theyre hoping your legal bills exceed the repair bill and you just go away as most ppl would.
i would also call dodge corporate and get them involved.

OP
OP
M

my7vette

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can not believe they refuse to take ownership of the damage. I will not rest until they pay for the damages and any legal fees. I will also report them to the BBB and post a warning on viper forums....

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
they can quote all the disclaimers they want but when u drop a car off and hand the keys over, they are responsible for the vehicle as its in their care and their care only.
they have control over the car.
you wont get anything for mental distress nor for diminished value, but you will get what ever it takes to bring the car back to where it was b4 the damage.
good luck, ull need it. theyre hoping your legal bills exceed the repair bill and you just go away as most ppl would.
i would also call dodge corporate and get them involved.

Different states have different laws. I would try to get them for everything I could think of! They will never learn, but they sure damn should pay dearly for the lesson.

OP
OP
M

my7vette

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Also the odometer shows the car was driven for 20 miles... You do not need to drive the car for 20 miles to text a transmission repair!!

QUICKSRT10/SRT8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I feel your pain. I took my SRT jeep into the dealer for a major repair and when I got it back there was a nick in the rim. They denied it but I eventually made them buy me a new wheel. What a pain tho

Garron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Talk to a general manager, If that does not work talk to the owner of the dealer. Be very clear on what you want. I would not be upset at 20km road test. Any major repairs I will take a ten drive on the highway and put about that much to make sure i have no leaks.

Good luck

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Before you spend alot of time on this see if you can obtain the contact information for the zone/district ( I do not know what the official title is) representative from Dodge. This is the person who, to some extent, overseas the behavior of dealerships and their compliance with their franchise obligations. Assuming all of the facts are as you have stated them, I do not believe that Dodge would be very pleased with this behavior. Perhaps one of the Moderators can bring the attention of someone higher up at Dodge to this thread.

CHAOS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I brought mine in for a shifter replacement, quoted $180, they ripped the inner and outer boot trying to do it without dropping the tranny which I told them they had to but assured me their "Viper Tech" knew what he was doing. The whole thing ended up costing me almost a $1000. They said the boots were damaged when the car was brought in and my tranny mount was also damaged. They actually put the shifter in and told me it was ready wtih a broken tranny mount and no boots on the shifter. Needless to say I have ZERO faith in dealers and "Viper Techs". Good luck on sueing Dodge.

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Before you spend alot of time on this see if you can obtain the contact information for the zone/district ( I do not know what the official title is) representative from Dodge. This is the person who, to some extent, overseas the behavior of dealerships and their compliance with their franchise obligations. Assuming all of the facts are as you have stated them, I do not believe that Dodge would be very pleased with this behavior. Perhaps one of the Moderators can bring the attention of someone higher up at Dodge to this thread.

I agree with the above statements and are you going to be able to prove the damage before and after if you are goingto take legal action.

Sorry about the incident

Bruce

Flexx91

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Not responsible for any damages while the car is left in their possession? What ******* told you that (and I hope that person is reading this post)? They would get ripped by a judge in civil court if they tried to use that in their defense. They will be found liable for the damages. Unfortunately, it may take awhile if they choose to fight it. Good advice in the earlier posts but I would advise you to get a lawyer working on this now! He/she will advise you on what to do next. The other stuff mentioned can be worked in parallel.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Not the type of work one should expect from any Dealership, let alone one of the largest in the US. The one question I do have, is what is the piece missing that left a big hole? Is this a panel they failed to replace, as this would be pretty easy to show failure to complete the task? Is this something they should have still laying around their shop somewhere? The bad press they will be getting out of this will far outweigh the cost of making things right by you, so not alot of logic is prevalent in their shop. Good luck and hopefully the big hole is not damage to the floor pan, but just a missing panel?

musclenutz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just because they have disclaimers doesn't get them off the hook. Make them pay and if they refuse take them to court. There are laws that will over-ride any disclaimers they have anyway.Good Luck!

Glen97

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Talk to the owner of the dealership then zone representative. I had coworker with a issue on a srt 8 the dealership would not correct. He had the car fixed then contacted the zone representative with a letter and copy of the repair bill. He received a check in the mail after 6 weeks to cover the cost of the repairs. I hate this kind of stuff.
Good luck

OP
OP
M

my7vette

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I noticed the damage as soon as they brought my car. The damage in under the front bumber and visible from the the side of the vehicle. Looks like they drove it over a parking stop or the lift. The bumper is scratched and a large piece is missing. This damage would have been noticed during the inspection prior to me leaving it with them. The entire front facia needs to be replaced. I was told the owners of the dealer were out of town, but they would call me on Monday. I will give them the option to fixed this amicably or force them by legal means. I will not let this go...

http://forums.viperclub.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=10021&stc=1&d=1292712238

Attachments

• IMG00033-20101217-1608.jpg
    IMG00033-20101217-1608.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 397

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's not exactly something that wouldn't have been noticed when you dropped it off. Good luck getting it all handled.