Does everyone have 2 lights on the rear mirr?

SPARKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have 2 lights on my rear view mirror. one that comes on with the little switch on the mirror and one that stays on when your driving the car. but it goes off when i turn the car off. The question is is the light supposed to stay on when your driving? Theres nowhere i can find to turn it off.

Vip-RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The one that switches off is normal. There should be an amber LED light that does stay on when you drive, but it should not have the 2 big white lights on. If this is the case, the knob where you pull to turn on the lights is the dimmer/dome light switch. Just rotate the knob to the right I think and you may feel it click to the off position. This way it will turn on when the doors open. Mine are out and I have no idea how, maybe a cut wire or something...I'll see when I get back.

FRANK RT/10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The lights that are on the mirror are very dim and are there to light the radio and dash while driving at night. the bright light on the mirror is the interior light and is turned on by rotating the headlight knob or by the switch on the mirror.