Does it ever end? (pointless post)

Wild Bill

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've had her for 18 months now. This morning the forecast was 85 and sunny (it's been as high as 110 heat index this week). Cool!! Time to drive the Viper to work (hmmmm....wonder if I can call in sick). Took a trip to the bank at lunch and had a 'slight' 50 mile detour. In that time numerous girls smiled and waved, guys gave me the thumbs up, Mustangs wanted to see what she could do and people would move out of the fast lane to let me by.

I realized I felt just the same as I did on my first drive. Grinning from ear to ear and loving the power. Got out of her looked back and thought "D*amn I love that car.

Have you ever gotten to the point that you didn't feel that way? My house may be a mess, dishes may need to be done, bills are being put off once again but the Viper is spotless, in perfect shape and ready to go out and play!

Like I said there is no point to this post-I just have no desire to work anymore today and want to go cruise for the rest of the afternoon!

Bill
(By the way I saw 7 'Vettes but I don't think they saw me, or at least they acted that way)

Rollin4

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This morning the forecast was 85 and sunny (it's been as high as 110 heat index this week). Cool!! Time to drive the Viper
I realized I felt just the same as I did on my first drive. Grinning from ear to ear and loving the power. Got out of her looked back and thought "D*amn I love that car.

Ditto, Bill...did the same myself, took off the hardtop and removed the windows, nice to drive without the AC on. Hit the road at about 7 this morning, cool air no traffic....Life is goooooood. :D

Dash Riprock

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, same weather here. I couldn't resist getting mine out today. Tomorrow is looking good too. :2tu:

Dash
2004 SRT10

Viper23

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I guess I will never know that feeling...of not being able to drive my Viper because of the snow. I guess it is one of the advantages of living in Hawaii. :laugh:

But yes, everytime I walk into my garage, I still think I am in a dream. Life is good...very good.

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
The whole country must be having some Viper weather. Had to drive my '93 yesterday to "work". Got the work done and took the long way to put on 250 miles. Only one problem - my forehead got <font color="red">sunburned </font> :D Check out my avator for a little dose of weather reality - Time to Drive like you stole it!

RoadKing

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well it's hotter than hell here in San Antonio. I'm leaving work in about 10 minutes so I can go sweat my a$$ off and get that same feeling. I hope it never goes away. :cool:

01sapphireGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
High of 68 today (15 degrees below average) in NE Ohio with low humidity. It's Horsepower, I mean viper weather ! I haven't had my car out in over a month, and I'm sure I'll feel like Wild Bill did earlier today when I'm out slinging 10 pistons around this evening.

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Neighbors are on vacation....Viper goes to work!!!

I leave for work at about 6:30am and with no cats and big exhaust I elect to not drive it during the week because it'll wake up the 2 and 3 year olds next door when I fire it up.

They're in Italy.... I drove it to work all week! :cool:

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I elect not to drive mine to work, I feel my employees would think I was showing off at the fact that I can afford a viper. They all know I have one but have never seen it. After work and weekends though I drive it all over. :D

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you're the boss it could appear that way and you're courteous to think about that. Consider this though....Gen 1 and 2's can be had for a smidge more than a new 328i (or at least it can be argued that way)....so it may not be considered classist anymore. You have some great roads up by you, its a shame to miss an opportunity!

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nope it never ends. Gobs of power and good looks to match can do that to you. It feels the same way to me after 7 years as it was on day 1.

Vreracing

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If I ever get tired of the Viper I just drive my Suburban for a few days. I get back in the Viper and its starts anew.

After 5 years and 30K miles of driving within a 5 mile radius, you'd think people would get used to the car, but I still get stares similar to when the car was new.

garolittle

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Perfect weather in Augusta, Georgia! Sunny and 87 degrees. Needless to say, I put some serious miles on the Yellow Beast today.

GraphiteGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Perfect weather here today. Took off work and did several short hops during the day. Any of you ever park your car on the lawn? Love the way my car looks parked in the front yard.

Hot Rod

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Happiness is having a Viper and a Harley (and understanding wife)too. Just bought a 2005 Softail Deuce today and put 75 break-in miles on it. Now the tough part is choosing which to drive to work on sunny days.

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I couldn't decide..and sold the 2003 Harley Heritage last week. Time for some horsepower upgrades!! :)

YouWish

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When I come to a stop light/sign I hardly ever look over because I feel like i'm bragging if I do. However by me not looking over sometimes people think i'm being an arrogant ass. I can't win for nothing. Anyway I get engine revs/thumbs up all the time.