Does your throttle pull 100%?

orlandov10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I recently noticed with my hood open sitting in my car I gave the gas pedal a push to the floor as I would while driving and the throttle appeared to go wide open, however I then pushed even harder and I could see the cable pulled an additional 1/2 inch or so, then put the wife in, had her give it push by pressing the gas pedal hard and I noticed there was still a good 1/8" of space still left to go before the throttle bodies are fully open. Anyone else have this? I need to look and see if I can adjust the cable tighter, the gas pedal hits a notched metal braket stopplin it from going any further, hopeully I can pull the cable a bit tighter without raising the idle.

Simms

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The cross brace on the Roe setup has a bracket that relocates and holds the throttle cable. This bracket has some adjustment. On some setups, the bracket has a couple sets of holes to use while others have holes that are elongated. You can play with this bracket a little to see if you get better results. When I firct put my supercharger on, I had to move this bracket back towards the winshield of the car as far as I could to get the blades in my throttle bodies to open all the way up.

KenH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had the same problem and ended up having to redrill the throttle cable bracket mount to move it back towards the windshield.

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Roe also has a fix that takes place in the car. I just installed his bracket that aligns the clutch with the brake. Along with the instructions, were further instruction on how to get more travel out of the gas pedal by slightly modifying the the bracket on the floor board.

As a side note, I dyno'ed the car about a month ago. The car has a logger and throttle position is one value that is logged. In one of the pulls the operator never went above 90% throttle. For those of you that have a vec or air fuel logger, the throttle position data is a must for understanding the dynamics of the run.

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It doesn't matter , NA cars are just as bad, all vipers have a hard time achieveing 100% throttle. It is basically impossible with a thick floor mat. The key is to make sure the throtle cable is taunt in the idle position. If it is not you have to loosen the throttle bracket and pull it back. If that doesn't achieve full throttle you will have to slot the bracket to get more travel or use Sean Roe's technique of modifying the bracket inside the car.

Hoosier Daddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you adjust your throttle cable to tight as mine must have been. You will rip the rubber grommet 360 degrees around and pull the throttle cable thru the fire wall. I have had this happen 3 times. Then you SOL as you can only idle around.