DONE WITH CORVETTES....

1DumpedViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We'll I'm finally done with my Z. I have well over 35k in this thing and the piece of crap keeps breaking. I was going to buy a Vipe last year but decided to hang onto the car at that time. I had it on e-bay but some of those loosers thought they were going to buy the for 25k. I'm now parting it out. After 10 Vettes I'm ready to move to the Vipe. I love the new Z and know it's fast but living near PCH and seeing a hundred vettes a day, it's time to try something new. My question is the dealers on this board. I know they are giving 10-12k discounts on the coupe, but are they doing that on the vert? I have 780 ficos and wanted to get the biggest discount possible and finance some of the upgrades, motons etc. Thanks for the help and look forward to joining the group.

Mike

RX VIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Check with John Gastmann at Roanoke Dodge (in Illinois) 800-541-6858

Many of us are former Vette owners. Good luck with the snake.

Newport Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why buy new, when nearly new will do?

The vert is basically unchanged form 04 on. There are many out there in the 58 to 64 range. Look in the classifieds here.

Snakesonaplane

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Funny comment about plethera of vettes..

I had to convince my brother that the yellow vette next to us on the Exotic Car run was actually a Z06...with many other vettes there you have to do a double take to make sure....must be annoying to be constantly confused for your puny little brother

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No one actually answered your question, yes the discount is available on convertibles. Indeed the discount is better on 05 convertibles than on any 06. But a lesser discount is available on 06 convertibles as well. Not even sure if there is a discount on 06 coupes at all, they seem to be selling well. Good references to dealers have been made on the thread, Gastmam at Roanoke, Pemberton at Woodhouse.
www.romocoinc.com
www.woodhouse.com

Snakesonaplane

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm sorry but the Viper could use a traction control system that can be overided. Some of us may get stuck driving the car in very cold weather or rain...and the addition of this system for those moments would be more than welcome for these moments.

The ability to over-ride it 100% takes nothing away from the driving experience.

Funny how every other powerful sports car has it...the lack of it in the Viper doesn't add to the vipers benefits...it takes away. Like I doubt anyone is cursing the day they added ABS brakes...this is no different.

OP
OP

1DumpedViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Trust me i've already thought of that. At least I wont have to worry about my roof flying off while I'm driving!! Thanks guys, I'm going to make some calls today. Can't wait to join the group!!

Snakesonaplane

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Z06...go on ebay..

There is a red srt 10 BRAND NEW...upgraded wheels selling for $16k OFF Sticker for around $69k...this is the best deal I have ever seen...and would Jump on this before it goes. Most cars are going for $8-10k more than this new.

OP
OP

1DumpedViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The reason that car blew is that the dyno broke and the nitrous pooled in the manifold. Thats the word from the forum anyway~!

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bill Pemberton @ Woodhouse is your best bet in my opinion.

I 1 million and 1 that...

I figure a million other people though "I second that" so I figure that makes me 1 million and 1...

Totally agree Woodhouse and crew to include Mark J, Nancy S and of Course Bill P are TOP notch !!!!

Jon

Mr B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Another vote for Willie the P, Mark, Nancy, and the entire Woodhouse crew. You cannot have a better buying experience, new or used, including post-sale service. They are the best!

boplaw

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm sorry but the Viper could use a traction control system that can be overided.

:confused:

Oh, you meant overridden. I got it now. My bad.

flexcalibur

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm gonna cast my vote for Bill P. at Woodhouse also. I couldn't have asked for a better transaction. When I get ready to pull the trigger, it's going back to him for the paxton. I just need to learn how to drive first.

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm sorry but the Viper could use a traction control system that can be overided. Some of us may get stuck driving the car in very cold weather or rain...and the addition of this system for those moments would be more than welcome for these moments.

The ability to over-ride it 100% takes nothing away from the driving experience.

Funny how every other powerful sports car has it...the lack of it in the Viper doesn't add to the vipers benefits...it takes away. Like I doubt anyone is cursing the day they added ABS brakes...this is no different.

I thought the draw of the Viper was that it was different.... but now you want to be just like everyone else? ABS is proven to shorten lap times in most cases, while traction control is just an excuse to not pay attention when you're driving. I drive in the rain all the time... never lost traction once. You just have to use your head when you drive a Viper: rain...slow down...don't tailgate...drive at a higher gear... be smooth in handling and acceleration. How hard is that to remember?

If traction control is defeatable... what's going to prevent you from forgetting to turn it back on as you drive in the rain? Another nannytech for the nannytech? A traction control forget-me-not? :rolleyes:

By the way, if "every OTHER sports car" has it, then we're talking about half. Get your terms right. :buttkick:

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I wonder why the Porsche 997 GT3 doesn't have ABS?
I wonder why F1 removed ABS?
And isn't it amazing how the Naykid racing Vipers are whooping up in T1 without...you guessed it, NO TRACTION CONTROL?

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
ZO6vette-

Hope you find the Viper you are looking for.

I'm leaning the other way- That is, I'd like to add the ZO7 to my gah-rahge when and if it ever comes out. I can forgive its somewhat bland "C6" looks, if its really less than 3000 pounds with over 600 hp. The performance alone makes me want it. Yes, I could put a blower on my car, thats great, but the ZO7 will be an historical icon, and everyone who sees it will know what it can do, right out of the box, verses a sleeper has-been GTS. The ZO7 will be a watermark of American sports cars. Since I can't afford a Ferarri 599, Enzo, Saleen TT S7, Bentley, etc, etc, I'd be happy just have an all-American sports car with likely less than a 5 pounds/per/HP power to weight ratio. (Enzo territory) Those kind of American cars don't come along every day. (My GTS is about 7.61 #/HP)

I'm not inclined to sell my GTS, I may just want a ZO7 as well. Is that too much to ask? :)

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ZO6vette-

Hope you find the Viper you are looking for.

I'm leaning the other way- That is, I'd like to add the ZO7 to my gah-rahge when and if it ever comes out. I can forgive its somewhat bland "C6" looks, if its really less than 3000 pounds with over 600 hp. The performance alone makes me want it. Yes, I could put a blower on my car, thats great, but the ZO7 will be an historical icon, and everyone who sees it will know what it can do, right out of the box, verses a sleeper has-been GTS. The ZO7 will be a watermark of American sports cars. Since I can't afford a Ferarri 599, Enzo, Saleen TT S7, Bentley, etc, etc, I'd be happy just have an all-American sports car with likely less than a 5 pounds/per/HP power to weight ratio. (Enzo territory) Those kind of American cars don't come along every day. (My GTS is about 7.61 #/HP)

I'm not inclined to sell my GTS, I may just want a ZO7 as well. Is that too much to ask? :)
Not too much to ask at all. It's high time ALL the US car makers slap the eurotrash around. Yeah yeah... DC is German. Can't win em all.

If I had the money, there'd definately be a Vette and a FGT in my garage keeping the Viper company. :2tu:

BLWNASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good Luck, you will enjoy the family.

And yes change the username. I do like Z06's and appreciate them, but now you will be a part of the VCA.

I want to see pics of a SRT coupe!!!

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Hi Mike,

Hope all is well. A group of local VCA members is meeting at DC Performance tomorrow in LA for a "Tech Day" if you are free. Some of us will be at Crystal Cover earlier. Come by and talk and I'll see if I can help you with your Viper quest.

Bill P is a great guy by the way.

Dan (Black SRT-10 - way too fast - you rode in it before the rebuild)

BLWNASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What's happening Viper X

I hope to see you guys soon. I'm still here just been hiding lately. And for no good reason I might add!

Take care, your car is an animal, stop feeding it!

OP
OP

1DumpedViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dan,

What's up brother. I would drop everything but tomorrow I'm taking moms to Del mar to get her out of the house. I really want a ride in that monster now. I am trying to finalize the deal with Bill. I am doing the Motons at time of purchase so the car will be set up at woodhouse and delivered dumped. Still trying to get this cleared through the Fiance. I am going to try to get my fat *** out of bed tomorrow and bring the Z down for 1 more swirl. It's going in the shop next week to be parted out. What time are you going to be there tomorrow? Look forward to seeing you.

Mike