"Don't they publish a book NOS for dummies"?

fe155

Enthusiast
Reaction score
\"Don\'t they publish a book NOS for dummies\"?

I am still thinking about putting a kit on my 02 GTS , already have Roe S/C and everything else . My questions are these , my A/F ratio is 10-11.6 from 3500 rpm to 6000 (which is a little rich to me)would i have to increase the fuel even though its already high for a 100 increase ? And when timing gets pulled as nitrous kicks in is that in addition to the timing already pulled out by the S/C ? Also have been looking at these progressive controllers , are they worth it for the viper. I understand there used for vehicles that have a traction problem , but i thought they could also be used to progressively increase the power to reduce detonation and engine wear. Any thoughts appreciated.

sun diego

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re:

Nos for dummies = blown engine
We are both in San Diego. I used West Coast Viper in Temecula. They put in a controller to make sure I didn't ever go lean. I only have a big shot of NO2, not blown. Call Sean Roe up, his controller may work for NOS too.
There are only a handful of cars in the world with both a supercharger and NOS so I would suggest go to someone with experience. The kit is cheap, but the damage could be expensive

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re:

Did you talk with Sean about this?
He seems to have a full supercharger/N2O/VAC2 solution working:
http://vca2.viperclub.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB2&Number=335376&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1

As far as the progressive controllers go, I'd say skip it.
I bought one for my NX N20 setup, and it was very complex to wire in, and likely wouldn't give you a big advantage.
I sold my progressive controller because I didn't like the notion of it being normal operation for the solenoids to fail, which is why you need to set up a second set with a progressive controller. :(

A better bet is just gettung BFG drag radials and HD halfshafts. :laugh:

-Dean.

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re:

I did the new Maximizer from NX, and it's the coolest damned thing ever! It does a lot more than give you traction! Read up on it on the NX website.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang