Doors locked ,won't start...nothing works right! Help?

musclenutz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Today after coming home from the dealership getting a state inspection,i decided to push the door lock just to see if it works.Well,now the doors are locked,the car won't start,the key fobs are useless and i have tried everything. My car is a 99 GTS. Thank goodness i had the windows down because at least i can open the doors using the emergency pull handle thing. I went and bought new batteries for the fobs but i don't even think they were working before. I tried holding both buttons down for a while but nothing ever happened.Not even the horn or lights flickered,Battery is good in the car.I just bought the beauty and now i can't drive her. Well,at least she is safe and warm in the garage. :)...anyone have any suggestions? I want to drive! :drive:

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
in the centre compartment(glove box) there is a key slot in the upper part of it, i belive it re-sets the alarm, you could try putting the key in and see if that helpes?

OP
OP
M

musclenutz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Never mind! :)...i unhooked the battery terminal for about an hour and just reconnected it and the door opened and the car starts now. Sheesh!

aacrewchief

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Today after coming home from the dealership getting a state inspection,i decided to push the door lock just to see if it works.Well,now the doors are locked,the car won't start,the key fobs are useless and i have tried everything. My car is a 99 GTS. Thank goodness i had the windows down because at least i can open the doors using the emergency pull handle thing. I went and bought new batteries for the fobs but i don't even think they were working before. I tried holding both buttons down for a while but nothing ever happened.Not even the horn or lights flickered,Battery is good in the car.I just bought the beauty and now i can't drive her. Well,at least she is safe and warm in the garage. :)...anyone have any suggestions? I want to drive! :drive:

Damn that *****! I'm a new viper owner myself. Sounds to me like the fobs need programming. Programming the fobs is probably a really strange sequence of events that you will need detailed instructions for. I don't know how to do that but I will have my service manuals tomorrow or Saturday. I recommend you get yourself a set as well. You might try calling the dealership but I doubt they will tell you much. I actually have 3 sets of keys and fobs for my Viper, but only one of the fobs work as of now. This weekend I plan on all of them working, lol. Sorry I can't be more help :dunno:

OP
OP
M

musclenutz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
in the centre compartment(glove box) there is a key slot in the upper part of it, i belive it re-sets the alarm, you could try putting the key in and see if that helpes?

Thanks but it is working now. I had tried that though and it didn't help for some reason. I think i will go to the Dodge dealership here and see if they can make me a couple of factory key fobs that will work right. Thanks for the help!:drive:

OP
OP
M

musclenutz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Damn that *****! I'm a new viper owner myself. Sounds to me like the fobs need programming. Programming the fobs is probably a really strange sequence of events that you will need detailed instructions for. I don't know how to do that but I will have my service manuals tomorrow or Saturday. I recommend you get yourself a set as well. You might try calling the dealership but I doubt they will tell you much. I actually have 3 sets of keys and fobs for my Viper, but only one of the fobs work as of now. This weekend I plan on all of them working, lol. Sorry I can't be more help :dunno:

Thanks for the help.:drive: It is working now since i unhooked the battery terminal for about an hour. I just bought this 99 GTS about a week ago and i love it to death.LOL...I already had a 94 RT/10 and was having a lot of trouble shifting,so i had a new B&M Short throw shifter and lower gears installed. It drives great now. I also found out the reason i was having trouble shifting was because the old shifter was broken! I just thought it was normal for the Viper since it was my first. Man,this place is the best club there is! People always willing to help out. I am going to go ahead and join the VCA. Thanks to everyone here who always helps each other out.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang