Dyno Dynamics dyno

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone ever dyno a car on this dyno? The sales rep told me it reads 12-13% less than a dynojet. I talked with a speed shop owner that has one and he said it reads 15-17% less which I have a hard time believing it reads that low.

Anyone ever put any kind of car on one of these and compare it to a dynojet?

John

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dyno's are like anything else, when they are out of tune they wont show proper numbers.

When calibrated properly they should show almost identical numbers, since they are all measuring the same thing. I have two friends with dynos one is a dynojet, the other is a mustang, both are withing 1 hp of each other.

OP
OP
J

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
regarding the Mustang I was told within the last year software was developed to make the mustang read closer to the dynojet. Dont know if that is true or not but that is what several mustang owners have told me.

The owner of the dyno dynamics dyno had me dyno in 3rd because he didnt want his dyno overspun. He said it wouldnt affect the numbers even though it wasnt a 1:1 ratio in third. Dont know how true that is or if it is something specific to the dyno dynamics brand. Just dont know.

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What the owners told you was partly true, yes there was software developed but it was not to read closer to dyno jet it was to fix a problem with their original software.

It will affect the numbers just not by much if you do 3rd instead of 4th. In fourth you will make a little more power.

OP
OP
J

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Russ

after talking to several Dyno dynamics owners and their sales rep I was told the eddy current dyno like the dynamics can be calibrated to run in any gear on any car. I dont think mine was calibrated, but they essentially said I would have held the car at a certain rpm and then the operator would have used that mph at that point and some other simple data to calibrate it to my car.

You are right about the dynojet(248c for example) inertia type dynos. It is a must to get as close to 1:1 as possible

The other shop owners I spoke with also said the dynojets tend to read 15-17% higher which really surprised me. I was just thinking my local guy was just spitting out some numbers.

John