Easy Way to Line Up Your Pinned Balancer

cayman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
For you out there that have to pull your pinned balancer for whatever reason and try to line it back up with the slots in the crank, I found an easy way to do it. You eyeball down the shaft hole of the balancer while it's off and make a mark on the very edge of the shaft hole with a magic marker where one of the pins would be if it projected on out to the edge. Then, sit the balancer back on the crank shaft and while using a small mirror, line the black mark up with the groove in your crank. It's best if you make sure you line up the same pin with the respective groove in the shaft when it was installed. Run your bolt down as you would normally. Worked perfect. Best to do it from under the car, or at least that worked best for me.

ViperBing

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For you out there that have to pull your pinned balancer for whatever reason and try to line it back up with the slots in the crank, I found an easy way to do it. You eyeball down the shaft hole of the balancer while it's off and make a mark on the very edge of the shaft hole with a magic marker where one of the pins would be if it projected on out to the edge. Then, sit the balancer back on the crank shaft and while using a small mirror, line the black mark up with the groove in your crank. It's best if you make sure you line up the same pin with the respective groove in the shaft when it was installed. Run your bolt down as you would normally. Worked perfect. Best to do it from under the car, or at least that worked best for me.
p

Did you remove the pins from the balancer or reinstall the balancer with the pins still stuck in it?

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I prefer to line them up with the pins still stuck to the balancer, as the pins will also help guide it back to the correct alignment. It would **** to crank down the balancer, only to find that the pin holes didn't line up properly.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4