Electric fan replacement recommendation

ceokris

Viper Owner
Reaction score
'97 GTS - stock

I'm in the process of a "little project" which requires me to remove the stock radiator electric fan shroud and fan. The problem is the stock setup sticks out too far and is getting in the way. (if it was 1.5" slimmer - it'd be perfect)

I tried finding stats on the CFM ratings on the stock fan with no luck. I need to basically replace the setup with a low-profile fan, or two high-speed low profile fans.

Since I live in AZ, I'll need an obscene amount of airflow. I'm just guessing the stock fan flows approximately 3500-4000cfm - but that's just a non-educated guess.

Has anyone tinkered with aftermarket electric fans? I've been eyeballing the perma-cool's flex-fans they are nearly 3000CFM.

Thanks in advance.

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I don't think you are going to find a better fan design than what is on the 1999 on up Vipers. For the most part what I have seen on aftermarket fans...they either drain the battery...don't pull enough air or not duct right. Plus if you are doing a special project with supercharger or turbo with a front mount intercooler...you will most likely over heat with an aftermarket fan. Best fan is the stock fan...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang