Engine Light

ZO6KLR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Driving the car this morning and noticed the engine light. Water temp., oil temp. and everything else is fine. Car ran as normal. Anyone want to guess?

I do have a crack in my exhaust manifold that has been uncorrected for the six months. Would the computer see this? I am thinking an 02 sensor.

johnk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Driving the car this morning and noticed the engine light. Water temp., oil temp. and everything else is fine. Car ran as normal. Anyone want to guess?

I do have a crack in my exhaust manifold that has been uncorrected for the six months. Would the computer see this? I am thinking an 02 sensor.

What code?

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I think if you cycle on the key, on off, 3 times, on third try leave on, it will show you a code in odometer display. The code will help people guess.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Probably the manifold. Buy a "Generic" OBDII code reader from Walmart and check the code, then you'll know.

Otherwise it's a hundred to have someone read it for you.

Ted

johnk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
02 Sensor Circuit High Volts Bank 2 sensor 1. I'd suggest buying the $50 scan tool anywhere autoparts are sold, clearing the code, and see if it comes back.

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
02 Sensor Circuit High Volts Bank 2 sensor 1. I'd suggest buying the $50 scan tool anywhere autoparts are sold, clearing the code, and see if it comes back.
Or disconnect cable to fuse box underhood, wait about 10 minutes. Its a 10mm nut, 2 of them hold it in place. Resecure and code will be gone. Or after usually 2-3 days of normal driving if problem doesnt come back, check engine light will go out.

Steve17

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My o6 comes on first run of an autocross or track day and goes off by itself after a while. I never checked codes and figured it was the computer adjusting to the drastic change in emmisions.

viperdude118

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Don't know why no one else has said this yet.....replace the cracked manifold! Then clear the code and see if it comes back. By clearing the code and not doing anything different it'll probably just come back after a few drive cycles. If you've known that there is a problem for six months with a crack in the manifold why would you not fix this first?

OP
OP
Z

ZO6KLR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Don't know why no one else has said this yet.....replace the cracked manifold! Then clear the code and see if it comes back. By clearing the code and not doing anything different it'll probably just come back after a few drive cycles. If you've known that there is a problem for six months with a crack in the manifold why would you not fix this first?

I have to take the Viper out of town to have it worked on since my local, friendly Dodge dealership no longer has a Viper Tech. I work six days a week and it is difficult to get it up to the dealership. The light is just now coming on to let me know something's going on. I disconnected the power to the fuse block and reset the computer. Like you said, only a matter of time before it lets me know again.

I will be calling the dealership tomorrow for an appointment. Thanks to all to answered the thread.

Mark, I hope you are enjoying the Gotham.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
General Jackson