ENGINE REBUILD

622r109

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im Getting My 05 Viper Back With Manley Rod And Je Pistons, What Kind Of Boast Can I Order With Supercharging. Thanks Any Advice Will Be Welcome. Merry Xmas Everyone

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
That's a big question. You can run higher boost at higher revs with more safety than high boost at lower revs.

I understand that the power issue of the bottom end is the main caps. I've never heard of a problem with the rods. My engine has stock rods and Ross pistons, no aftermarket main caps.

I have a Postive Displacement Roe supercharger with 10# boost. With water/**** (recent addittion) I could run 12# boost, but I have a 100hp (usually makes 150rwhp) that I may get around to using one day so I won't change pulleys to upgrade boost. My car with 800rwtq at 2,000rpm and 720hp has tons more torque and hp than what's needed for daily driving so the Nitrous is a "turn on/turn off" modification which is perfect because I wouldn't want any more power for highway or daily driving. I've already got too much power for street tires so I can't give it full throttle unless I have lots of room for fishtailing at any speed under 70mph.

Ted

Dan Cragin

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Im Getting My 05 Viper Back With Manley Rod And Je Pistons, What Kind Of Boast Can I Order With Supercharging. Thanks Any Advice Will Be Welcome. Merry Xmas Everyone
Happy New Year

Sounds like you have built a impressive Viper,Please feel free to contact us at DC Performance for suggestion and recomendations on Supercharging. We have built 9 Second 1/4 mile Daily Drivers and have Supercharged every thing from Vipers to Quad Cab Trucks that turn 10 Seconds @ 130.00 MPH and are drivin daily. DC Performance: Proven Performance ask for Lyle or Dan