Ever Seen A Grown Man Cry?

OP
OP
Andrew/USPWR

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’ve had this on my desk top for months. My wife is terrible partial to the Coupe and Copper Head.

40305580new_stock_wheels_on_sil-med.jpg

Maybe add steel grey or blue strips :)

vviperr

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Andrew - I feel your pain. I raced my car once over a year ago when I first got the car, but after seeeing pictures of crashes like yours, I vowed never to do it again. One mistake is all it takes.

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Many condolences. Looks like you are taking it like a man. I would be ... actually I have no idea how I would take it.

Good luck!

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
...Let ir rain, This is on old MXX3's the worst rain tire michelin has produced.

Nice pix.....been there many times.

FYI: The WORST rain tire michelin produced for Vipers was 1992-1995 XGT-Z. Viciously unsafe in the wet. Far worse than MXX-3 Pilots, which are in comparison a GREAT rain tire in my opinion.

STAY SAFE.... ANDREW, glad you are OK.....

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agree with Jon. Driving back from VOI3 (Indy) in a steady HARD rain storm gave me a life time lesson in hydroplaning. I think the book title would have been "hydroplaning at any speed." Those XGT-Z were the worst unless they were hot and on a smooth track.

JGK95

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Andrew,

What is the state of the frame? is the front clip bent? Buy it from the insurance agent and look at possibley rebuilding the car. Your car is a winner and so are you.

Heads Up!

Jay K.

OP
OP
Andrew/USPWR

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Andrew,
What is the state of the frame? is the front clip bent? Buy it from the insurance agent and look at possibly rebuilding the car. Your car is a winner and so are you.

When you say "buy it from the insurance agent" they didn't total it. Their giving me a check to fix it, and I own it out right?

I just got out from underneath it and it looks fine, but tomorrow I’ll get the nose off of it and get a better look. The only damage to the body is the nose and hood. The doors, sills and those side pieces look great.
I MAY just rebuild her.......make her better than before............we have the technology :)

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Glad you are ok! Thats most important.

Is my GTS worth more now? :) (Just kidding....)

If I were you, I wouldn't buy anything for a while-Viper has a new platform coming out, if rumors hold true.

Woody

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Andrew,

Glad to hear you were not hurt. Sorry to hear about the car. Get back in the saddle soon!

JGK95

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Glad you are ok! Thats most important.

Is my GTS worth more now? :) (Just kidding....)

If I were you, I wouldn't buy anything for a while-Viper has a new platform coming out, if rumors hold true.

:yawn:

Vic,

With that logic, I'd hold onto this Gen. II car even more. :D Andrew just needs to TT the car and put it back on the track!

:headbang:

Jay K.

wesman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I’ve had this on my desk top for months. My wife is terrible partial to the Coupe and Copper Head.

40305580new_stock_wheels_on_sil-med.jpg

Maybe add steel grey or blue strips :)

That [******] is **** just the way it sits

--wes

V 10 MAFIA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Car looks absolutely stunning. Leave it the hell alone. Anything else added IMO will take away from it. Nicest SRT I've seen to date.

OP
OP
Andrew/USPWR

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Car looks absolutely stunning. Leave it the hell alone. Anything else added IMO will take away from it. Nicest SRT I've seen to date.

I am really sorry to see what happened. So Sad. Since it sounds like they are being helpful can I ask who your insurance company is?

OP
OP
Andrew/USPWR

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So does this mean that you're going to fix it now that the check is in ?

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So does this mean that you're going to fix it now that the check is in ?

Ah ok thats at least something ;) .. I was in a kind of similar situation with the first ever car of my own 2 years ago (cold weather and iced up asphalt, hit a guard rail nose first) and it just wasnt worth it to get it fixed because the car was a ******. Ate up my heart though and still miss her everyday, I've since moved on to my second car :(
Just wanted to share my experience and to give ya my point of view :eek:

OP
OP
Andrew/USPWR

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Vipera

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Having been there...Absolutely the best move. IMO
The first Viper I owned I wrecked and chose not to fix it due to the fact that if I was to ever sell it, I knew that these cars have very picky buyers. Even if it would not be a salvage title, you would suffer significant devaluation due to the wreck.
Good luck...

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wouldnt hold my breath, thats kinda high for that car, and the bidders have low to no feedback. One unwrecked with clean title, and seeminlg perfect shape is on ebay right now for US $27,100.00 :
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Dodge-Viper-VIPER-GTS-CLEAN-BETTER-THAN-CORVETTE-Z06-SALEEN-911_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ6209QQitemZ4610029069QQrdZ1

So why the hell would someone pay 21,500 for a wrecked one? Something sure doesnt add up, I venture you'll be relisting, or accepting an offer off line for this one.

Good luck.

Jon

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
wow I am SO sorry to see that pic!

I am glad to hear you are ok. I see someone at each DE go off the track, I keep my fingers crossed I am never one of them. Got black-flagged my first time last Dec, I KNEW what I did wrong RIGHT after I did it.

I would do the EXACT same thing-sell as is, go for a newer viper-best of luck to you