excited vipers owners who are in D status (or beyond)

Mopar_4_u

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dodge just announced a website that allows owners of pre-sold 2008 Challenger SRT-8s to track their car through the production stages. It's live but as of yet fairly uninformative as one of our "D" status Challengers brings up no info and informs the customer to contact their dealer. Why, why can't this be done for the Vipers, heck, why not all the cars? At least give the customers something to do while they're waiting month, after month, after month..... after month (after month for a Viper :D )Even if there is nothing to report on the car at least it could offer a picture of the car they ordered (CGI of course for those vehicles still just on paper). It could show the date it was ordered, the option breakdown, something. This is a great attempt at "buying time" for the obvious delays to be expected in a limited production type vehicle but I think it shows they care, nudge nudge, wink wink.

OP
OP
M

musicncars

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dodge just announced a website that allows owners of pre-sold 2008 Challenger SRT-8s to track their car through the production stages. It's live but as of yet fairly uninformative as one of our "D" status Challengers brings up no info and informs the customer to contact their dealer. Why, why can't this be done for the Vipers, heck, why not all the cars? At least give the customers something to do while they're waiting month, after month, after month..... after month (after month for a Viper :D )Even if there is nothing to report on the car at least it could offer a picture of the car they ordered (CGI of course for those vehicles still just on paper). It could show the date it was ordered, the option breakdown, something. This is a great attempt at "buying time" for the obvious delays to be expected in a limited production type vehicle but I think it shows they care, nudge nudge, wink wink.

I like the way that you think. Then I wouldnt have to keep bugging Bill P. everyday. (not quite, more like once a week.):D He may start feeling unloved, though.

Hostile

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Scott
For some reason I expected the SSG stripes
to be candy:rolaugh: now you say they are"Ceramic Green":rolleyes:
I can't find that in the option list:dunno:???

Skeeter

weightlifter123

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I got mine last Friday (May 2, 2008). Red with black stripes. Went to Woodhouse to pick it up last Friday and drove it home.
Order it last Sept (2007). Here was my wait schedule:

Fri, 07 Mar 2008 ... D1 status:cool:
Wed, 02 Apr 2008 ... JB status getting striped:)
Fri, 25 Apr 2008 ... Shipped to Woodhouse:D
Tue, 29 Apr 2008 ... Arrived at Woodhouse:rolaugh:
Fri, 02 May 2008 ... Delivery!!!:headbang:

OP
OP
M

musicncars

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got mine last Friday (May 2, 2008). Red with black stripes. Went to Woodhouse to pick it up last Friday and drove it home.
Order it last Sept (2007). Here was my wait schedule:

Fri, 07 Mar 2008 ... D1 status:cool:
Wed, 02 Apr 2008 ... JB status getting striped:)
Fri, 25 Apr 2008 ... Shipped to Woodhouse:D
Tue, 29 Apr 2008 ... Arrived at Woodhouse:rolaugh:
Fri, 02 May 2008 ... Delivery!!!:headbang:

I'm doomed.......my car is still in D status.:(
Congrats on your car!!! Lets see it!!

rocman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
what color is it?

Solid Black ACR with drivers stripe and ******** package. :headbang:

My wife and I are picking it up from Woodhouse, and driving it back to SoCal. It is going to be a very interesting trip. At least it will be broken in when we get back, so I can immediately take it to the track.

Brian GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Picking up my SSG/black Coupe at the factory within the next week. Supersnake, I'll watch out for your SSG vert and get you a pic. 5-spokes, "H" rims, or razors? Anyone else have one rolling down the line I can look for?

supersnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mine is SSG with Graphite Stripes, H wheels, 2 tone Interior Black Slate Gray, Nav, You may see it, I do not know how long it will sit in I Status before it heads over to Prefix for Stripes, Hopefully not long. Getting anxious, If you do see it, last 3 Vin is 765, Pictures would be appreciated. Thanks :D:D:D

Brian GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll look for it and get you a pic for sure...the only time you'll be able to see it without stripes. :)

My coupe was in "I" status for 3-4 weeks before going to "JB" (prefix). Many have been in "I" for several weeks so there is a good chance I'll see it! I wouldn't think there would be too many more SSG there which will make it easier to spot.

OP
OP
M

musicncars

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mine is SSG with Graphite Stripes, H wheels, 2 tone Interior Black Slate Gray, Nav, You may see it, I do not know how long it will sit in I Status before it heads over to Prefix for Stripes, Hopefully not long. Getting anxious, If you do see it, last 3 Vin is 765, Pictures would be appreciated. Thanks :D:D:D

I did no know that you could get graphite stripes...wow....should be cool.
def have to see pics of that one.:)

OP
OP
M

musicncars

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Picking up my SSG/black Coupe at the factory within the next week. Supersnake, I'll watch out for your SSG vert and get you a pic. 5-spokes, "H" rims, or razors? Anyone else have one rolling down the line I can look for?

think you can snap some shots of other cars while you are there? purple, orange and if possible some with the aero group.:2tu:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VenomXX