Exhaust Drone

Izover4u

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey Guys,
I just picked up a white mamba :D with mopar exhaust... If I install the cones does it really cutt down on the drone? or should I just switch over to the Corsa?

Thanks

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Cones cut volume a bit, a very little bit. They don't cut drone.

You don't mention the balance of your exhaust system. The Corsa Track System does not drone when installed with the stock headers and cats.

Dan

OP
OP
I

Izover4u

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Cones cut volume a bit, a very little bit. They don't cut drone.

You don't mention the balance of your exhaust system. The Corsa Track System does not drone when installed with the stock headers and cats.

Dan

Thanks for the reply:2tu:

The previous owner told me that the mopar exhaust is a true dual exhuast that is using the stock cats and headers... Does this sound right? or did I miss understand him?

thanks again

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
corsa track will not drone ever...even with headers and no cats it will not drone, it will be super loud but it wont drone.

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had significant drone with my SRT/Paxton/Corsa track.

Installing the cones cut about 90% of the drone and made me completely satisfied with the system.

At cruise with the top down, and sometimes even with the top up and windows down it had a drone at certain RPMs that was fatiguing. Cones tempered it significantly.

ulllose

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have drone with the corsa system stock cats and stock manifolds. But like stated before it happens in 5th-6th gear at very low rpm's. I drove 750 miles to georgia with the top up, every time i stopped to get gas you would have thought I was sitting in a rock concert for 3 hours, almost deafing. On the way home with the top off it was 110% better almost no drone

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
My experience was as ILLSMOQ and MikeR's. No drone with the Corsa Track either N/A or with the Paxton. It got really loud with the headers and h/f cats installed, but did not drone.

I took the Corsa off due to the excessive noise after the header install and replaced it with the full B & B 3-inch system. No drone, relatively quiet.

I tried the Vortex cones in mutiple locations and they did cut the volume a bit but not enough to keep my ears from ringing.
Good luck with your car.

Dan