Exhaust Flames

rtigert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do yourself a favor and have some mufflers ready---especially if this car is your DD. If you don't, then two things will happen. First, as soon as you experience the deafening roar of headers with straight side pipes, you will make a mad dash to your computer to see what mufflers are appropriate and available and in the end you will spend too much buying them from someone who has them in stock and even more to ship them express. Second, the three days or so from when you install your straight pipes to when you get in the mufflers and get them installed will be the longest three days of your life. You won't want to drive the car and when you do drive it you will be embarrassed and your ears will ring afterwards for hours.

I put a Mopar Race exhaust on my SRT-10. Stock manifolds, 3", no cat, borla mufflers---WAY quieter than what you are doing and it was still beyond loud. I put in a set of cones and that made it liveable, but I am still considering building a new setup that will be even lighter and quieter without robbing hp.

Remember, side pipes are at least twice as loud as rear exits to the driver. I'm assuming you are running side pipes, but either way what you are talking about is going to bring the ****.

Had full Belanger on my previous GTS w/o cats; only resonators and side exhaust conversion = no flames.

Currently have '06 with full Mopar race exhaust, no cats, Roe SCT, Roe TB, Roe S&B Filters, and no flames. The vehicle is also QUIETER than my Full Belanger exhaust GTS. For those than complain about the Mopar Race exhaust being too loud... :dunno:

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
..... to pick up on this old(er) thread here,
did the majority that have encountered flames had their Kats removed ? I have the Corsa track but WITH Kats and I believe only one more Owner had the same set up and reported seeing flames ?! Haven't noticed flames on mine but I guess I'll have to get the wife to 'follow' and report back :D

BTW Chad, did you ever to the exhaust set-up you mentioned earlier ?! :omg:

My car has Katalytic Converters and no flames. :(

pteam

Viper Owner
Reaction score
As soon as I get my exhaust work done (headers, no cats, no muffler), I'll get someone to follow me at night and record the flames and upload it :)

I would put a sport exhaust on like corsa or borla, leave the muffler. With headers and no cats it will be super loud.

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mine has aftermarket hi-flow cats on it, and still throws flames between shifts at WOT. Car runs rich with the Paxton, but rich also means safe.

Besides, I dig the flames. I ran side by side with a Kenne Bell Ford GT and both cars blew flames out during the shifts. Guys behind us were in awe :)

Tony