Exhaust Gases Carbon Monoxide

waheed_RT10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
folks,

my viper runs great but one problem is unsolved. i have a self-built stainless steel exhaust and the two exhaust tipps end in the center of the car in the back.

nevertheless while driving, even more when at the light, exhaust gases enter into the cabin (no roof, no side windows) ... after an hour i feel real bad dizzy :crazy2: :omg: sore throat , so my body-carbon-monoxide-meter says TOOO MUCH ...

the exhaust is not leaking. is there any know flaw on these cars where exhaust gases might crawl into the cabin ? :dunno:

maybe over the heating / fan system, is any engine header gasket known to blow once in a while etc etc ...

i just ordered a Carb Monox meter I will have it tomorrow to check ppm level in the cabin, but i was wondering if you guys have the same problems ...

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why do you think NASCAR drivers have a CO scrubber going to their helmets? Aerodynamics do crazy things. My '01 GTS does the same thing when the windows are down (you get blasted - burns your eyes), and the cabin vents are fine. Sooooo, I don't get on it with the windows down. Too hot in Texas anyway.

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is the rear window out? In place, it may create a low pressure area on the trunk lid, sucking air from behind the car. With the window out, it may allow air to wash through the sport bar hoop and over the trunk. I

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
techanvi