Exhaust leak??

1fastviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I started my viper this mourning and it clicked a few times before it started like the battery was dead or something?

It has been sitting but just for a few days.And it has been a little cold.When i drove it down the road on excelleration i hear this exhaust leak on the right side.I do have the corsa on it but when i removed the side sill i couldnt tell where it is coming from.

I did feel the welds and there was a little exhaust coming out buy no exhaust leak sound.What makes me think that it may be the manifold is it actually sounds louder under the hood on the right side of the motor.My question is whats the chances its actually the manifold and not the exhaust? Thanks.

Its a 03 with 14,000 miles on it.

OP
OP

1fastviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, its coming from the manifold like i thought.:(Im going to check the torque on all the bolts first before i remove the manifold.Anybody know the torque on the bolts and how to reomove to the manifold cover?

OP
OP

1fastviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok i removed the heat shield and seen the manifold at a better view.Still cannot determine where leak is exactly.You can hear it but no exhaust vapors.:dunno:

OP
OP

1fastviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well they lied:mad: I was told by them that the manifold was covered with the extended warranty but when i got there the director Michael Lilly at white dodge in South Charleston, West Virginia(in case you wanted to know)got involved and told me other wise.

He said since i had corsa on it and it being aftermarket chrysler would not cover it and told me to go somewhere else.:brick: The next viper dealer/service shop is a 100 or so miles from here.Last time i have any dealings with that place.

So i brought it home and floor jacked it myself and removed the pass side exhaust manifold (With the help of Mark Jorgenson from woodhouse)
Thanks Mark!!!:2tu:. What i found was amazing. I have not had any problems with my car since ive had it and chrysler would not even help me with this only thing.Time to start welding:D

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Reaction score
Hey I found a couple take off manifolds if you just want to replace them both. If you pay the shipping you can have them. At least that will help with this (should be warranty issue).