Exhaust Question

Chuck 97 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome aboard! I dunno about the exhaust you are talking about but the best sounding Viper exhaust bar none is the complete Belanger system (headers and 3" exhaust), IMHO.

treynor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Concur; Belanger headers and exhaust sound wonderful and loud. Corsa 3" exhaust also sounds great, but higher toned and much quieter.

The exhaust note you hear in this clip is Belanger headers & exhaust with high-flow cats:
Ben's RT with Belangers

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
WELCOME NEWBEE..........
Ben oughtta know! He temporarily Boomeranged away and then BACK to Belanger as I recall.

Blatant Commercial-------
Please call and check my comparisons and prices on Belanger / Corsa / Borla / SnakeOyl / MoPar when you are ready.

"Free 2002 Viper Graphite Metallic Touch-Up" paint with your first purchase at PartsRack.....And I hope you NEVER need it!

In fact, NEWBEES: NewYear's special: Free Touch Up Brush in YOUR 2000-2002 color w/ JAN 2002 PartsRack purchases. THANKS.

treynor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jon's memory is correct, although the sequence in question was:

1) Belanger headers / Belanger exhaust
when I added Hennessey heads & roller rockers, I went to:
2) CDI headers / Belanger exhaust
in search of additional power. The difference turns out to be marginal. Now that I'm supercharging my car, I'm switchin back to:
3) Custom Belanger headers / Corsa exhaust
to coax additional power out of the SC package (headers) and to quiet the car way down (exhaust).

cstegall

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Graphite,

I agree completely with Chuck97. Talk to JonB...he sold me my Belanger exhaust system and I couldn't be happier(that is...unless Jon had given me that 20% "yellow fever" discount he always tells me about!!!). Give JonB a call...he is the best.

C Stegall

Steve 00RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Full Belanger set up....Headers/catless/3" pipes/4 Walker Race Bullet mufflers. The sound is awesome. There are some MIL issues to deal with if you go w/o cats, but there are fixes to be had.
Apex is selling a 'snake box' which those who have bought it say works.
Steve

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Go to a VCA meeting and hear the different systems in use. What someone else likes might not have the same appeal to you. I personally do not like some of the sounds these systems make, but that is why everyone needs to hear the choices themselves.

treynor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR> Ben, whats the time on that run...13.4??? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

laugh.gif
good heavens no, 12.4 @ 115. Car was running hot and slow that evening. I'm not sure I could run a 13.4 in that car -- perhaps if I missed a couple of shifts
smile.gif

Venom Lover

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was really pleased with the combination of Borla long-tube headers, 3" catbacks, and hi-flow cats. Based on comparisons with my buddy SoCal Rebell who has the Belanger headers, exhaust, and hi-flow cat setup, I would say the two are very similar in terms of loudness and sound quality. The Belanger may be just a few dB louder, but the both sound ultra-mean.

At WOT with the Borla setup, the car just howls, and you'd swear you're in a Formula 1 racecar or the like.

It sounds to me like you should stay away from the Corsas. Trust me, they will be too restrained for you. Unless you are majorly worried about interior noise or resonance, the Corsas are not for you.

<FONT COLOR="#ff0000" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">This message has been edited by Venom Lover on 04-16-2002 at 02:53 PM</font>

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960