exhausting questions....

mralbuquerque

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I own a 06 viper coupe with stock exhaust. I got a ride in a 06 coupe that has the bellanger headers and no cats with corsa cat back exhaust. It was loud as hell. However, it was somewhat toloerable with the windows up and no drone!!

I was thinking about running the same set up except stock catback. My question is will I have drone with this set up?

Also If I run catless how do I not throw any cels?

Last if I add cats how much hp will I lose vs no cats?

thanks in advance...............

Flexx91

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I can answer the drone part as I have used two other setups (besides Corsa) with stock cats and headers and had considerable drone. Switched to Corsa and the drone disappeared. The benchmark for the Corsa system is the elimination of drone and they are true to their word.

Sonoman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You may actually lose power going catless. I would go with high-flow cats. A little back-pressure helps build torque in this motor (and most other non-turbocharged 4-strokes). Also, if you don't want to buy a Corsa set-up, a Gen IV takeoff cat-back system is a significant improvement over the Gen III stock exhaust, especially in heat radiated into the interior and in weight as well. That whole crossover pipe setup was an interesting idea that really didn't pan out. Take-off Gen IV sets should be about one-third the cost of a Corsa package and would really complete your system nicely (Belangers, hi-flows, cat back). You also avoid messing with the O2 sensor eliminators and other tricks to fool the ECU.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang